Motiva SME (Subject Matter Expert) serves as the corporate technical expert in the Reforming process area for Motiva… Setting the Technical Strategy, driving competitive investment, and serving as second level support to plant operations to deliver competitive advantage and significant unit improvements in HSSE, yield, utilization, capacity, energy, fixed and variable cost.
Process SMEs are located in Motiva headquarters in Houston and is responsible for:
- Setting and driving the Technical Strategy in their area of expertise
- Staying abreast of industry technology and innovation from 3rd party providers and various catalyst vendors and applying the best technical solution for Motiva.
- Providing second level support for addressing/mitigatingrisks
- Provide technical leadership in catalyst performance evaluation, selection and technical support during catalyst change out and start-up.
- Provide process safety leadership within their process units
- Provide key product quality management within their process units
- Lead initiatives that provide improvements in unit yields, margin and energy efficiency
- Can support discipline review for management of change (MOC) on technically complicated changes.
- Provides support of key projects in their area of expertise and optimize for HSSE, Cost, Margin and Energy.
- Leads resolution of medium and long term process problems with a multi-discipline team within SME group and/or site.
- Provides key technical support to the projects and turnaround department
- Perform process modeling and simulation to support projects and optimization.
- Proactive monitoring, optimization and troubleshooting of their primary process units via constant dialogue with Motiva unit engineers.
- Mentor site unit engineers and operations staff to enhance their knowledge so that they can handle more routine issues.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical Engineering.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience within process industry with a minimum of ten (10) years in the refinery for Reforming area.
- Proven CCR reformer experience.
- Known and respected as an expert in their field by the industry at large
- Strong Communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Business acumen and the ability to influence Senior-level Management investment decisions
- Proven manufacturing experience with demonstrated ability to apply process engineering skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and execution.
- Proven experience in Preparation of Investment Proposals.
- Proven ability to apply causal analysis.
- Proven experience working with people in an operating plant.
- Management of change experience with problem solving and troubleshootingexperience.
- Demonstrated experience with process simulation and process safety.