Functional Role Description:
The Project Manager (PM) is fully responsible for the overall development and execution of small- to medium- (typically up to $1MM fee) projects including project profitability, safety, and client satisfaction and controlling available resources, project scope, schedule, budget and contractual requirements. The PM possesses broad knowledge, understanding and experience with the basic engineering and construction models including A/E, AEPCM, Design Build and/or CM. PM’s provide leadership and organization to the project and instill confidence in the client regarding the project team’s abilities. The PM demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and maintains specific knowledge of planning and scheduling functions and a thorough understanding of contract administration, liability and safety issues. The PM serves as the primary point of contact for the client and other outside consultants concerning the project.
- Coordinates completion of defined work scope for a project between disciplines/locations involved.
- Assists in preparation of project specifications and reviews progress as drawings are developed and prior to issue for permit and construction.
- Monitors changes in scope/schedule and prepares Change Authorizations as required.
- Develops, reviews and approves all project management documents via the DTSR including: scope development, project costs and schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Supervises the preparation of proposals, project specification/scopes and assists in negotiating final contracts.
- Monitors project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develops innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercises cost efficient and innovative approaches in the design to save construction costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipates, recognizes and identifies key project issues/problems and establishes objectives and priorities in solving them and determines solutions and directs their implementation.
- Supports business and relationship development activities of the Chemical Business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years refining project managementexperience in a consulting organization
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline
- PMP Certification
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and contract/liability issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products