Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Downstream Refinery Site Manager in Concord, CA. The Site Manager will be primarily responsible for managing chemical applications and technical support needs at the assigned customer account, as well as ensuring revenue growth of company products and services. This position is a critical customer-facing member of the BHGE sales and operations team. As a Site Manager you will manage all BHGE business and BHGE personnel inside the refinery, with goals to:
- Drive an interdependent safety culture
- Assist with the development of short and long range sales goals
- Lead and develop a team of account managers and chemical technicians
- Collaborate with co-workers and customers to solve complex technical problems
- Ensure compliance with Sales and Service Standards
- Engage and communicate with all levels of the customer's operations and leadership team
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, technically capable, and has very strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Manages day-to-day operations of existing refinery chemical process & / or water business for a specified geographic area
- Coordinate and manage finished fuel additives treats
- Identifies and coordinates numerous projects of varying complexity
- Provides technical expertise, troubleshooting and assistance for customer concerns.
- Interprets technical data and sends service reports with recommendations on a daily/weekly basis.
- Identifies and closes new sales growth opportunities
- Oversees activities of local technicians
- Interfaces with customers & internal team on a daily basis, promoting teamwork and assisting peers as needed.
- Leads business reviews, technical presentations and attends customer meetings on a regular basis.
- Manages account budget & P&L.
- Manages chemical inventories and coordinates/assists with chemical deliveries at customer locations
- Assists internal technical SMEs with refinery equipment inspections during turn around and shut downs.
- Builds strong relationships with key customers
- Works safely and within customer and BHGE's safety guidelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of presentation and negation skills
- Ability to perform basic field/lab service and communicate performance vs KPI
- Ability to quickly develop technical knowledge or appropriate company products/applications
- Energetic, Self-driven, ambitious personality desired.
- Customer entertainment outside of working hours expected 1-2 times per month.
- Assists with recruiting, training and improving team moral.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years Industrial, Refining or Sales Experience
- Refinery Process experience
- Finished Fuels Additive and treatment experience
- Strong understanding of emulsification, corrosion control, fouling control, water treatment and finished fuel additives
- Able obtain a TWIC card
- Able to pass a drug screen upon hiring, as well as participate in random DISA drug screening program.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Good communication skills and an aptitude for customer intimacy
- Ability to work within a multi-functional team at one geographical location
- Degree in Chemistry or Engineering
- TWIC card
- Processbook/PI/Aspen refinery program experience
- Mechanical aptitude