The Shift Supervisor will oversee all aspects of plant operation while on shift to include direction, support and leadership as required to all operations shift personnel, in order to achieve operational goals and objectives. The Shift Supervisor will direct all operators during startups and shutdowns, direct all operators and assist in work during emergencies and upsets.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety and Environmental Lead ? Provide clear direction and guidance to the operators on handling issues related to safety and environmental. Ensure all activities are per procedure and policy. Audit through permit auditing, field walkthroughs, JSO?s, etc.. Promote safety and environmental awareness during daily, weekly and monthly training sessions. ?
- Emergency Response ? In the event of an emergency, act as on-scene incident commander with primary goals of life, safety and incident stabilization. ? Coordinate shift activities- Expedite all operational duties of the shift including, product transfers, changes to the process, preparing for maintenance and contract work and responding to safety and environmental issues. ?
- Monitor the progess areas-Oversee the operation of the units, boilers, gas treaters, and quality control specifications. Monitor rates, equipment performance, product inventory and housekeeping. ?
- Supervise employees- Monitor employee logs, readings and notifications. Discuss and follow through on items included in the daily activity. Provide appropriate coaching to employees when performance requires such. Lead by example. ?
- Monitor readings and logs- Track, record and communicate activities carried out during each shift. Retain information for shift change and historical records. ?
- Perform and attend training. Administer meetings such as safety, environmental etc. Attend weekly staff meeting and give input into operational issues. Attend monthly, annual and otherscheduled training as mandated by ERT, Hazwoper, Incident Commander, Firefighting compliance requirements. ?
- Scheduling shift work- Fulfill staffing requirements in all areas of operations including Distillation, Hydroprocessing and OMSOperators. ?
- Create and process JDE notifications (including checking)- Twice each shift, query for notifications which have been submitted. Review notification and approve for processing or handle accordingly. Check all items which have been completed or recycled for consideration. ?
- Area Champions ? Lead the efforts in housekeeping, procedure reviews, training, etc.. in designated champion areas. ?
- Monitor transfer product (checking valves, pumps, line-up etc)- Discuss with operators any product movements and piping alignments in storage tank fields and process rundown piping. ?
- Operations Management ? Participate in refinery and operations management goal setting and initiate and follow changes to resolve issues related to the refinery?s goals. ?
- Offsite Communications ? Act as primary contact with outside resources (management, marketing, aomtemamce. Safety amd Environmental, etc.) during shift operations.
- Availability to backfill for Shift Superintendent and be on call when assigned. ?Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent ?
8-10 years refinery or related work experience?
3-5 years proven supervisory or lead experience
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Good communication, training, mentoring skills required?
Sound leadership skills required?
Must exhibit effective team skills ?
Capable of working with all levels of the organization ?
Must be able to work through multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritizing effectively