Bluestem Brands is the parent company to seven eCommerce retail brands. We have one mission: to build a dynamic retail enterprise that wins with direct-to-consumer excellence and entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving our customers’ unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and supportive, empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
You work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck. Bluestem works to do what’s right for employees. From the big things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place you’ll want to be. And we don’t just talk about work-life balance, we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking an ETL Data Warehouse Engineer for Bluestem Brands to be located at our office in Eden Prairie, MN. The ETL Data Warehouse Engineer will be a key part of Bluestem’s data migration to the cloud and build innovative data solutions using AWS technology. In this role you will build data engineering solutions and processes to enable Analytics, Operations, Reporting and Machine Learning solutions for the Customer, Product and Credit teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and deliver data solutions to our customers and employees with smart technology and teamwork.
- Responsible for the full development life cycle of the solution, including detailed design, code development, code reviews, unit testing, build/test support, data quality monitors, deployment activities and post-deployment support.
- Build advanced leadership skills by managing and optimizing ETL along with analytic operations: job-stream definition and management, parameters, scheduling, monitoring, communication, and alerting.
- Manage multiple project timelines simultaneously and estimate development duration and effort for all projects.
- Communicate openly and candidly with your Team Leader and other teammates verbally and written.
- Understand our company values along with Agile and lean software development principles.
- Proactively engage in both internal and external learning opportunities.
- 3-5 years of experience with BI disciplines, with mastery of one of the following: Data Integration, Modeling, Analytics or Reporting
- 5 years of SQL experience with the ability to write complex SQL statements while leveraging optimal code hygiene practices
- A proven track record of fearlessly designing, deploying, and evolving ETL solutions to meet business requirements via creating SQL and Stored Proc best practices for a specific platform.
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate well cross-functionally, including non-technical users
- Experience building rock solid relational databases solutions along with designing, implementing, testing, migrating, deploying, and managing ETL solutions: Core functional ETL processing (extract transform, and load).
- Experience building solutions that last the test of time by leveraging advanced testing techniques and implemented proper audits, alerts, and notifications that proactively measures failures before they happen.
- Be passionate about learning and teaching new methods and practices
- Proven ability to work autonomously or in a team setting while mentoring your best practices to others.
- SQL Server and Amazon Redshift experience a plus