RedHat Linux Engineer
We are looking for RedHat Linux Engineer ?for our client in Orlando, FL
Job Title: RedHat Linux Engineer
Job Location: Orlando, FL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The Sr. RHEL Systems Specialist within the HCL UNIX Tower organization is to be the expert in RHEL systems.
- The successful applicant will be expected to work closely with the other OS and VMware specialists in the team.
- The RHEL specialist is expected to help design, build and amend the infrastructure to meet the business requirements of the organization with his/her main focus being on RHEL Linux (virtualized and physical).
- The successful applicant will be core to the design and implementation efforts for the UNIX Linux Services infrastructure.
- This will involve collaborating with teams both internal and external to the UNIX Tower Services group.
- The person in this functional role will need to be knowledgeable in all aspects of design and implementation of complex RHEL infrastructurearchitectures.
- They will perform the integration of new projects, and be expected to keep up to date with RHEL and related new products and technologies so that the needs of the Hosted Engineering Services group can continue to be met.
- Lead the design and implementation of the RHEL component of UNIX Linux Services Infrastructure
- Keeps up to date with new RHEL versions. Keeps abreast of changing components in RHEL.
- Take part in the design and implementation changes to the RHEL systems as needed by the UNIX Linux services team.
- Maintain by testing and update accordingly the RHEL (physical and virtual) infrastructure
- Be able to troubleshoot and track down the root cause of a problem in RHEL systems.
- Be able to suggest and perform workarounds when no true fix exists.
- This person will be responsible for attending and contributing to design reviews for the features that are being implemented within the RHEL environment.
- Be able to work in a team geographically diverse team environment.
- He/she will be expected to be the voice of RHEL so it is key that that the candidate be an expert in the field.
- BS/BA degree in Computing/Engineering or equivalent related experience
- 6+ years of experience in the IT industry
- Ideally, 6+ years in systems administration.
- Experience with RHEL or Linux system administration in a multi provider/multi-site/multi region/multi-tenant environment
- Experience in the design and planning of reliable systems, installation and tuning of related equipment
- Broad familiarity with Linux technology. Knowledge of Virtualization technology (VMware) a definite bonus.
Other key skills:
- Experienced in the design and implementation of Linux clustered environments
- Experienced in the design and implementation of disaster recovery processes and procedures
- Experienced in patching, administration, troubleshooting - security awareness.
- Experience with OS Gold image management the processes to maintain, update and ensure compliance with security standards
- Knowledge of networking, storage systems and convergedinfrastructure (NetApp, HDS, Cisco UCS, Dell Active System) a plus
- Good organization skills to produce quality work, within required specifications, and within scheduled timelines
- Demonstrated strong ability to think strategically and tactically while acting independently under management guidance