Red Hat Technical Alliance Manager
NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for a Red Hat Technical Alliance Manager to join our growing business development team in San Francisco. This position reports to the Head of Business Development. If you have strong experience identifying and managing strategic technical engagements, this is your opportunity to take ownership of a key role that will be critical to NGINX’s continued growth.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
- Act as the primary Red Hat technical contact
- Maintain current knowledge of Red Hat’s product roadmap, product direction, and strategy
- Work with NGINX product management and engineering, and Red Hat on joint technical collaboration areas across Red Hat’s product portfolio (OpenShift Router, Ingress controller, container catalog, Ansible)
- Primary interface for new technical and product requirements
- Manage and communicate project status and delivery
- Drive technical awareness and advocacy of partnership
- Train NGINX and Red Hat sales and technical teams
- Create technical content and materials (blog posts, solution guides, events)
- Support sales and marketing engagements
- 7-plus years of experience as a technical partner account manager or product/technical account manager with a strong technical understanding of Red Hat technologies and products, including OpenShift, RHEL, and EAP
- Ability to speak to both developers/IT operations and sales/management
- Broad industry experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of web and application servers and modern frameworks
- Knowledge of hosting, service providers, and cloud technology
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills