Red Hat Linux System Administrator II - Nightshift
Ace Info Solutions, Inc. (AceInfo) is a leading Federal contractor with a focused vision: empower our clients, challenge our employees, and grow our business. Founded in December 2000, we are deeply committed to ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. We have a mature corporate infrastructure, strong management, and quality practices. AceInfo is a trusted IT partner to the Federal Government, and we help various agencies transform and strengthen their processes, operations, infrastructures, and security practices to help them further their critical missions.
For over 15years, we have successfully managed large and significant Federal programs. We have proven experience prioritizing client satisfaction, project quality, and providing innovative, cost-effective solutions to Federal clients.
AceInfo is prime on 95% of our contracts, is headquartered in Reston VA, and has geographically dispersed office locations throughout the country, to include: Kearneysville, WV; Chesapeake, VA; Fort Collins, CO; Boulder, CO; Quantico, VA; Kansas City, MO; Bowie, MD; multiple Washington, DC Metropolitan locations, and project presence in 23 states in all time zones. We offer excellent benefits and salary packages including free medical/dental/life insurance premiums for staff members. We offer relocation assistance for internal employees and external candidates, within 50 miles (minimum) of work location. We do not offer assistance for relocation and housing for internship positions.
AceInfo is currently seeking a Red Hat Linux System Administrator II - PaaS Operations to support our federal project, in Kearneysville, WV.
The System Administrator (SA) works as a member of the PaaS Operations Team, providing daily system support and maintenance for Red Hat Linux systems. The SA is expected to have a thorough technical knowledge of the Linux operating system and must be capable of executing independent and team tasks as assigned.
He/she must be a team player and willing to interact with other people at all levels throughout the organization. He/She must also posses an outstanding ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware and software issues across a variety of systems and platforms. This position requires working the overnight shift (8 pm to 6 am), with a potential for four ten hour days.
- Day-to-day operations and administration of systems supported by the PaaS Operations team
- Technical support for the system including responding to Help Desk tickets and working with customers to resolve issues.
- BMC BladeLogic Server Automation operations work to include server updatescheduling, results analysis, troubleshooting, and correcting issues.
- Performing system upgrades and maintenance tasks, including installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux operating systems, administration of user accounts, and maintenance of system security posture.
- Architectural design, implementation and continuous improvement of support and application system infrastructure.
- System performance tuning, data recovery, etc.
- Installing and upgrading system software and supporting operating system configuration in support of application and database software.
- Creating, maintaining, and restoring system backups.
- Providing technical input for policies and procedures, and maintaining accurate documentation on those policies/procedures.
- Adhering to Change/Configuration Management procedures and policies.
- Properly estimating work efforts and technical challenges (scoping projects).
- Research and investigate problems, diagnose and provide resolution or viable solutions for hardware and software issues; appropriately escalating and reporting recommendations clearly and effectively to management and team.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering or related degree program; or current IT certification with sufficient technical experience to substitute for the formal education requirement.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5-7years experience in supporting Red Hat Linux Server Operating Systems
- 1-3years experience with consolidating or centralizing server administration
- Ability to work well in a team environment, promote customer service and handle complex technical issues
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work nights
Highly Desired Skills
- 1-3years experience with Server Automation Tools, preferably BMC’s BladeLogic Server Automation Suite
- Desireable: HP-UX experience
- Desireable: Oracle DBA knowledge
- Desireable: Experience with BMC Remedy Action Request System and any of its associated applications, such as Service Request, Change Management, Asset Management, Incident Management, etc.
- Experience with server security hardening and security implementation strategies in support of DOD
- Experience with System Monitoring Tools
- Experience with blade servers and/or server virtualization
- Desireable: Familiarity with USCG OSC systems and operations
- Familiarity with the ITILv3 Framework
- Desireable: Experiencesupporting Windows Server Operating Systems