- Apply with LinkedIn
Qualified applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page in the application. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.
Position OverviewPosition Overview
Reporting to the Managing Director, Strategy & Operations, the Recruitment Learning & Design Director is responsible for developing the processes, resources, and supports to enable recruiters across the country to identify and recruit outstanding and diverse candidates to apply to City Year. The Recruitment Learning & Design Director must be able to develop standardized best practices that can then be effectively rolled out to City Year’s network of recruiters. In addition, the Recruitment Learning & Design Director is responsible for developing and implementing the strategy, training, resources and supports necessary for the field toadopt these best practices.
50% - Develop standardized best practices and processes for recruitment
- Collect feedback from City Year’s recruiters to understand their needs
- Research external best practices around recruitment
- Continuously update City Year’s business processes around recruitment to align with internal and external best practices
- Collaborate with the Business Systems Manager to ensure that the capabilities of City Year’s tech platforms reflect best practices and City Year’s standard processes
- Ensure that processes are designed to minimize and counter implicit bias
- Ensure that City Year’s recruitment practices enable front-line recruiters to effectively recruit and inspire a strong and diverse set of applicants
50% - Design and implement strategy, training, resources and supports to support front-line recruiters
- Design, implement and reinforce updated recruitment strategies providing continuous improvement on City Year’s recruitment business process
- Develop trainings to ensure that front-line recruiters are prepared to execute on recruitment best practices and standardized procedures. These trainings may be delivered directly by the Recruitment Learning & Design Director, or the Director may train others to deliver the trainings.
- Design, implement and maintain a scalable onboarding process for new recruiters to ensure they are set up for success
- Create resources to support front-line recruiters. These resources may include Intranet content, job aids, multimedia content, or other resources deemed necessary by the Recruitment Learning & Design Director
- Trainings and resources should be designed to ensure that recruiters have the skills and mindsets needed to recruit and inspire applicants of diverse backgrounds
- College degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of relevant experience in recruiting with significant experience influencing across different lines of management
- Significant prior experience understanding and synthesizing best practices, and translating those best practices into standardized processes
- Deep understanding of City Year’s mission and core values
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience. Great benefits including health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.