Support full life cycle recruiting efforts to fill high-volume, critical positions across a given region in the organization. Drive strategic recruiting activities to pipeline and attract top talent for multiple warehouse facilities, ensuring that positions are filled quickly with high quality individuals. Operate in the region and develop a strong partnership with the Regional HR Director as well as Operational leaders.
• Attract and recruit top talent to support our staffing efforts across a given region within the organization.
• Operate with a sense of urgency to manage high volume recruiting activities with a strong attention to detail to ensure both a consistent and timely candidate experience.
• Pipeline talent and drive proactive recruitment strategies to anticipate future openings.
• Source candidates using web-based recruiting methods and social media, as well as traditional means of referrals, networking, job fairs, campus recruiting, etc.
• Communicate with applicants and perform prescreening questions to ensure fit and qualification match based on work history, training, education, job skills, etc.
• Manage interview scheduling and coordinate details with hiring managers and field-based HR teams.
• Partner with company managers to form candidate evaluations and to make hiring recommendations.
• Coordinate and facilitate pre-screening activities in partnership with the sites.
• Utilize an applicant tracking system to accurately track open positions and recruiting progress.
• Develop and maintain recruiting status reporting to offer visibility into recruiting efforts; ensure frequent communication with hiring managers to offer visibility into our work.
• Extend candidate offers and support the onboarding process.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Strong knowledge of recruiting policy, procedures, laws and practices
• Excellent ability to manage multiple requisitions simultaneously
• Ability to source, attract and hire the most qualified talent
• Experience with candidate management/applicant tracking systems and processes
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization both in written and oral form
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in completing tasks
• Must have the ability to work in a team environment or on an individual basis as conditions and circumstances may dictate
• Possess a process improvement mindset to identify opportunities to streamline and optimize recruiting activities
• Must be self-motivated and able to lead others to outcomes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 5+ years combined Human Resources/Recruiting experience and college-level education; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
• Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and processes
• Experience recruiting for high volume operational roles in a similar industry or environment is preferred
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management