Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging). Today, more than 60,000 local businesses rely on our collective data and expertise tobetter control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. The team brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data. Basedin San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are looking for an experienced recruiter to own full life-cycle recruiting to help us to grow our team with top talent to achieve our ambitious goals. This is our first recruiting hire at the company, so you will get in at the ground floor and help to drive recruitingprocesses from now into the future of Homebase.
A successful Homebase Recruiting Lead has the skills to build an exceptional team while simultaneously maintaining a best-in-breed candidate experience that reflects our values and culture. This individual will manage and drive a full recruitment cycle by creating robust pipelines through active sourcing of multiple channels, screening resumes, interviewing and closing candidates, all while working with hiring managers to improve and to streamline processes. An ambitious self-starter with exceptional communication skills will succeed in this role.
- Manages full cycle recruiting process for multiple positions spanning business and technical roles
- Aggressively builds a pipeline of top talent by sourcing across multiple and creative channels
- Interviews and qualifies potential candidates by digging in to ensure they fit Homebase's high bar (the "Purple Standard") for skills and culture fit
- Adds value to the candidate experience by going beyond the job description during phone screens, providing deeper insight into how the position fits within the candidate's respective skill set as well as Homebase as a whole
- Ensures a great candidate experience by keeping candidates continually informed with quality communications throughout the hiring process
- Builds strong relationships and collaborates with Homebase's hiring managers to understand their unique hiring needs and goals, and evaluates candidates with focus
- Drives offer process, including offer approvals, extensions, negotiations, and closings
- Represents Homebase's mission, vision, and values with integrity and professionalism
- College Degree required
- 4+ years of full cycle recruiting experience in a fast paced environment
- Strong sourcing skills, ability to develop robust, high quality pipelines and think "outside the job description"
- Experience partnering with managers, interviewers, and team members throughout the hiring process
- Develops a deep understanding of Homebase's value proposition (both tocustomers and to candidates) and exhibits the ability to represent its brand effectively across multiple channels of communication
- Proven track record of successful offer negotiations. Experience with private company equity and the ability to explain that value to candidates
- Self-driven and highly motivated, with a true sense of ownership from start tofinish
- Must be extremely diligent and detail oriented
- Must have a strong sense of urgency
- Startup experience preferred
- Love of local business required