Recruiting is like fishing. You can cast one line, have a seat, put your feet up on the cooler, sip a drink and wait for a bite OR you can cast multiple lines, move the boat every half hour until you find the fishiest spot and have backup bait in case the perfect one gets away.
Luckily, for this job, you don’t need a fishing license. But you do need considerable skill in interviewing techniques with knowledge of all clinical and staff positions, a basic understanding of organizational structure as well as extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices and principles of HR administration.
If that describes you, bite our line.
How you’re going to make an impact:
· Coordinate recruitment efforts and the employment process for all exempt and non-exempt, clinical and non-clinical, temporary and internship positions to meet the staffing needs in accordance with legal/regulatory/licensure standards.
· Develop recruitment strategies to ensure positions are filled and an ongoing pool of applicants is maintained. Provide innovative approaches to meet staffing needs for hard to recruit areas and provide visibility for the organization in the marketplace. Evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts; makes/implements recommendations.
· Recruit from a variety of sources that encourages diversity within the applicant pool and workforce, in accordance with being an EEO employer. Ensures compliance with EEO laws pertaining to advertising and selection of candidates.
· Bring unusual turnover trends to the immediate attention of HR Management for review and analysis. Identifies barriers to employment and recruitment within individual departments that may need to be resolved.
· Develop and nurture relationships and presence within the community that help to establish organization as an employer and encourage individuals to pursue career opportunities.
· Develop and maintain contacts in various professions, schools, healthcare facilities, and other organizations to enhance recruitment efforts. Establishes networks with related personnel in otherhealthcare organizations, as appropriate.
· Compose and post employment advertisements to various internal and external media, and use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates. Participate in career fairs and college career days to promote employment opportunities.
· Maintain recruiting costs within budget guidelines.
· Review and negotiate contracts for temporarystaffing agency contracts.
· Provide managers regular training and guidance on interviewing techniques based on EEO guidelines.
· Review applications and evaluate candidatequalifications to determine suitability for position vacancy.
· Discuss job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviews applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
· Arrange management interviews by coordinating schedules and arranging travel reimbursement as needed.
· Follow up with supervisor on open positions, status of candidates, recruitment efforts and applicant flow.
· Assist HR management and hiring managers on making salary determinations; extend offer of employment to applicants.
· Coordinate pre-employment processes (criminal background check, medical clearance, references) for prospective employee.
· Coordinate on-boarding process/new hire orientation for new hires with HR Administrative Assistant assistance.
· Provide HR analytics for recruitment/employment-related reports. Maintain quality indicators for dashboard metrics and other selected benchmarks in a format that allows for ease of analysis and process improvement.
· Provide scheduled and ad hoc HR updates and reports toHR management.
· Effectively involves managers and staff in recruitment planning, including recruitment committees where appropriate.
· Keep informed of new developments, problems and trends in recruitment in shortage occupations and of issues in employment law. Keep the HR staff and other departments informed as appropriate. Make appropriate recommendations to improve programs and processes.
· Work with the communications department to develop recruitment materials that reflect the culture of the organization. Utilizes good marketing techniques. Reviews and revises appropriate written recruitment materials at least annually. Maintains sufficient stock of recruitment materials.
What you need:
· At least 3 to 5years of recruiting experience; Human Resources Generalist and healthcareexperience highly preferred.
· Ability to work with all levels of employees;
· Effective at building relationships with hiring managers;
· Experience managing a recruiting budget;
· Experience managing confidential information;
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong knowledge of HR and employment law.
· Experience using applicant tracking systems and sources for identifying candidates such as job boards, resume databases, and social media
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Business, HR Management or related field.