About this Opportunity:
This role will be "THE" Recruiter for our ChemPoint business with recruiting responsibilities in such as functions as Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Supply Chain, and Finance. Within these functions, the Corporate Recruiter researches and recommends recruitment strategies to increase hiring capabilities. The selected individual must have recruiting experience in a large, corporate environment and have a passion for full-cycle corporate recruiting.
We are looking for a Corporate Recruiter who has passion around full-cycle recruiting while emphasizing a positive candidate and hiring manager experience. Univar Solutions is a relationship building organization and we want our Talent Acquisition professional to reflect this by engaging with hiring managers and candidates. You need to possess the ability to manage the recruitment process and expectations. We welcome creativity to help build ''attention grabbing'' job postings, interview strategies, and sourcing options. If you have corporate recruiting experience, organizational skills, creativeness, and recruitment consultation abilities, then this is your opportunity to join an evolving Talent Acquisition Department from the Univar Solutions corporate office. This position reports to the Director, Talent Acquisition.
- Efficiently and effectively fills open positions in accordance to specified hiring metrics.
- Reviews applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Posts job openings to sites, including social media and professional organizations.
- Develops a pool of qualified candidates for all open positions.
- Conducts prescreening interviews.
- Maintains regular contact with future and passive candidates.
- Coordinates interview schedules with the hiring managers.
- Networks industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Establishes with the hiring manager a sourcing, selection and hiring process for each open position aligned with company guidelines and practices.
- Conducts regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Works closely with hiring managers to continually improve the quality of hire.
- Communicates with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Develops expertise in Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to maximize its benefits.
- Builds the bridge between ChemPoint and Univar Solutions recruiting processes, policies, and tools.
Desired background and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related discipline from fully accredited four-year institution required.
- 5+ years recruiting experience in a business environment required.
- Knowledge of chemical or industrial distribution business preferred.
- Ability to travel to Bellevue, WA as needed.
- Knowledge and experience working with MS Office Suite.
- Thorough understanding of OFCCP and AAP requirements.
- Ability to effectively use an applicant tracking system.
- Knowledge of best practices/guidelines for interviewing and hiring.
- Discretion in dealing with people and confidential information.
- Ability to work effectively with inter-department teams and build strong working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills at all levels of management.
- Excellent organization skills and proven attention to detail.