The Recruiter manages exempt and non-exempt recruiting functions for Auto and Metals Recycling Business. This person will create and maintain systems to track and reportrecruiting efforts and results for AMR. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Create and maintain systems for tracking, reporting and managing the recruiting function
- Communicate recruiting processes and procedures to hiring managers and within the organization
- Must be regarded by the functional managers as a qualified consultant in Human Resources Staffing procedures
- Sourcing candidates using creative and effective methods to find the talent needed for the organization
- Coordinate and facilitate job fairs and employment open houses
- Create and place ads for open positions that will attract qualified candidates
- Screen resumes and forward to hiring manager
- Create pre-screen and interview questions for potential candidates
- Partners with SSI to develop and improve on-boarding and new hire orientations
- Maintain communication with hiring managers during the pre-employment process
- May coordinate pre-employment screening or reference checking
- Must remain up-to-date on recruiting and staffing-related employment law and trends, developments and changes in law or interpretations of the law and understand how they apply to the organization; communicate any deviation in organizational practice from what is required by law and recommend corrective action if needed
- Maintain communication with the HR Department well as other staff as needed on current activities, issues, etc.
- May write activity reports, otherreports or compile and present data related to recruiting
- May conduct exit interviews with terminated employees
- Takes on other tasks and projects as assigned
- Bilingual preferred
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds. Sit for extended periods of time, computer and keyboard use for up to 6-8 hours per day. Communicate in writing, by phone and in person in a businesslike, professional manner. Visual acuity to perform close detail work for preparation and proofreading of business documents and correspondence as well as operating a computer terminal.
Average office environment. The position requires the ability to function effectively under conditions of managing concurrent multiple projects each with tight time lines. Decision making and the perceived credibility and integrity of the individual often will be a factor in the effectiveness of interaction with others. Travel time could be required during a merger, acquisition, store visits or job fairs.
- Minimum 4 years of recruiting and HRexperience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; HR or Recruiting Certifications a plus
- Able to communicate with internal and external contacts in a professional and efficient manner
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks and perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able handle the full-cycle recruiting function, including administrative tasks required of the job
- Intermediate knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office
- Able to multi-task and work on several different projects at once