Location Mechanicsville, VA, US
Organization Name Human Resources
This position will support the Client Engagement Center to be located in downtown Richmond, VA. Typical roles will support Financial Operations, Customer Service, and Inventory Performance.
Owens & Minor is currently hiring a recruiter with exceptional client service and full lifecycle recruiting expertise to join the talent acquisition team.
Owens & Minor, Inc., a FORTUNE 500 company headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, is a leading national distributor of name-brand medical and surgical supplies and a healthcare supply-chain management company.With a diverse product and service offering and distribution centers throughout the United States, the company serves hospitals, integrated healthcare systems, alternate site locations, group purchasing organizations, and the federal government. Owens & Minor provides technology and consulting programs that improve inventory management and streamline logistics across the entire medical supply chain--from origin of product to patient bedside.
This position will report to the Director of Global Staffing and is responsible for delivering high quality professional candidates to Owens & Minors leaders and teammates. This individual will perform full lifecycle recruiting while guiding hiring managers and candidates through the selection process. Recruits all positions (below director level) to include screening and interviewing candidates using the most effective recruitment methodologies, techniques and processes. Works with hiring managers to identify hiring needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Partners with managers to identify hiring needs and develop/implement timely and cost-effective staffing strategies.
2. Identifies and pursues potential recruiting resources.
3. Ensures teammate requisitions reflect all appropriate signatures prior to posting; posts open positions both company-wide and as needed on selected job boards and websites.
4. Ensures Civic organizations receive notification of open positions and response is tracked/maintained on a spreadsheet.
5. Utilizes all available sources to recruit positions (below director level) in a cost-effective manner.
6. Collects, reviews and screens resumes to match candidate skills and abilities with current job vacancies.
7. Interacts with Compensation on hiring recommendations by providing appropriate documentation (application, resume, salary recommended by hiring manager). Communicates the final hiring offer to the hiring manager, prepares the final offer letter, ensures signed copy is returned and filed.
8. Maintains acceptable closure rate on all job offers extended.
9. Assists with orientations, on-boarding and processing of new hire paperwork including I9 verifications.
10. Coordinates the pre-employment drug testing and criminal/credit background checks. Works with the Talent Acquisition Manager and Manager, Human Resources to discuss positive responses.
11. Develops professional relationships with local organizations and colleges; evaluates the need for, organizes and represents Owens & Minor at college and specialty career fairs for recruiting purposes.
12. Conducts reference checks and ensures all supporting documentation is accurate and complete.
13. Assists the Talent Acquisition Manager with Applicant Tracking and in the development of Affirmative Action plans.
14. Contacts staffing agencies to fill positions as the need arises and negotiates contracts with recruitment and advertising agencies on fees and conditions.
15. Analyzes agency performance and continually seeks those agencies that can provide a qualified pool of candidates at any given time.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed
2. Assists the Sr. Recruiter during peak periods with the recruitment of director level and above positions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
TYPE OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
Picking, pinching, or otherwise working with fingers primarily (rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling).
Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which workers must impart oral information to clients or to the public, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Perceiving the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities which require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on running engines.
A. EDUCATION & FORMAL TRAINING:
Minimum of 4-year college degree required.
B. WORK EXPERIENCE:
Five years experience in comparable role.
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Good interviewing techniques and screening methods
Demonstrated knowledge of the local area job market
Demonstrated knowledge of recruitment methodologies/techniques and EEO practices