You're a hunter. You love the thrill of the chase. You're a seller, but you're not a "salesperson." BuzzFeed is looking for a Recruiter to support full-cycle recruiting across various lines of business globally. Adaptability is your strong suit, and you're equally as comfortable recruiting for an entry-level finance position as you are for a senior studio development role.
This position is located in our new Hollywood campus and is open immediately (you're a recruiter, so you already knew you needed to move quickly!).
Our team is bi-coastal, split between NYC & LA. Both locations are bound by a shared love of creating an awesome candidate experience, always having the right GIF for a situation, and team happy hours. We're a lean but mighty group that supports hiring across 18 BuzzFeed offices in 10 countries. You'll report to our LA-based Sr. Recruiter, work closely with the Recruiting and People teams at large, and maintain close relationships with stakeholders across the company.
- Work across multiple business groups, in a high-touch recruiting environment, including Studio, Editorial, Marketing, Corporate, and International
- Be a client-focused recruiting partner for hiring managers, helping to write and post job ads, manage inbound and sourced pipelines, oversee the interview process, and ultimately present and negotiate offers
- Identify, organize and/or attend a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline and promote BuzzFeed’s employment brand
- Develop and guide sourcing strategies with a focus on long and short-term pipeline building
- Contribute to BuzzFeed Careers’ social media presence on Twitter and Instagram
- 4+ years of recruiting or sourcing experience, ideally in-house in a related industry
- Top-notch communication skills, expressed by your ability to write compelling, customized, and relevant sourcing messages and to conduct interviews that leave candidates feeling inspired and excited about BuzzFeed
- An understanding of the entire recruiting life-cycle and the ability to operate within each stage
- Proficiency using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
- Experience sourcing, networking with, interviewing, and negotiating with candidates at all levels of an organization
- A great story to tell us about the hardest candidate you've ever closed
- No need for overly formal covers; instead, send a short note about why BuzzFeed excites you (and because your attention to detail is so impressive, it's simply addressed "Dear BuzzFeed Recruiting Team")
- Include a current résumé (ideally in .pdf; our ATS prefers that)
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!