The Contract Administrator works independently to provide financial and business analytical support to the Field Sales Organization related to contract performance, rebate terms and administrative fees. The Administrator reviews customer performance compared to requirements, analyzes trends, and works closely with the Field Sales Organization and other cross-functional groups to: maximize the number of compliant contracts, minimize revenue leakage, ensure adherence to applicable laws and policies, and ensure rebates and administrative fees are accurately and punctually processed. The Administrator also advises other stakeholders with regard to continuous improvement and /or profitability improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for compliance rate of contracts that contain performance terms. Works with Customers, Contract Operations Management, the Field Sales Organization, Commercial Legal and cross-functional teams to keep contracts compliant under the terms of the agreement and remedy non-compliance issues.
- Responsible for rebate processing for contracts that contain performance terms. Works with Customers, Contract Operations Management, the Field Sales Organization, Commercial Legal, Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and other cross-functional teams to ensure accurate and timely payment.
- Provides formal and informal written and verbal updates to Customers, the Field Sales Organization, Contract Operations Management, Commercial Legal and other cross-functional groups.
- Builds mathematical models & tools to determine payout amounts and track contract performance
- Reviews sales performance and proactively works with the Field Sales Organization to develop resolution strategies for under-performing contracts.
- Understands internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve processes and services.
- Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Manages communication and awareness of contractual obligations with all levels of internal and external customers to include sales reps and hospital representatives.
- Solves complex problems, exercising sound business judgment to make recommendations based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Trains field sales and sales management, contract operations and other SJM parties on procedures as needed. Establishes training protocol and keeps manager apprised of training progress and issues.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, Business degree preferred
- 5+ years related experience beyond the degree