Rebate Operations Manager
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Rebate Operations Manager oversees MedImpact’s rebate operations function including providing support and analysis for Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare rebate audits; management of MedImpact’s external rebate vendor to ensure accurate, timely, and relevant reporting is submitted and received; provides subject matter expertise to support client teams, sales team, proposals team, Government Programs and Services (GPS) teams, accounting department and other internal departments regarding rebate operations and reporting. This position interacts directly with clients and vendors to support Client and Sales teams, as well as provides internal/external audit team support. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining policies and procedures related to Trade Relations rebate operations as well as identifying and implementing process improvements in this area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the rebate operations function by managing daily activities to ensure support and analysis for Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare rebate audits. Provides some oversight for the management of MedImpact’s rebate vendor to ensure accurate, timely, and relevant reporting is submitted and received.
- Participates in client, CMS, and Pharmaceutical Manufacturers audits as a subject matter expert, generating reports, data, and information necessary to supportaudit activities, and providing written responses to audit findings as requested
- Primary point of contact and SME for Direct and Indirect Remunerations (DIR) rebate regulatory reporting, incorporating new CMS guidance on DIR into processes and Policies and Procedures
- Ensures DIR related payments received from vendor are accurate
- Provides operational support for new product and new program development including serving as subject matter expert when working with Operations, IT, Benefits and other departments involved in product and program development
- Conducts research to support other areas within Trade Relations including Formulary and Rebate Yield Strategy team and Trade Relations Strategy team
- Maintains continuous process improvement practices by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change to enhance quality, accuracy, and efficiency of rebate activities
- Researches questions and develops recommendations for revenue opportunities or process enhancements, such as proposing potential client formulary changes that may enhance the rebate performance
- Ensures department metrics are tracked and monitored including employee level performance metrics
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) and five (5) to seven (7) plus years’ job related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software including Word, Excel, and Access.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Solid working knowledge of PBM operations
- Possess proven leadership skills, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), analytical and/or financial reasoning skills
- Solid knowledge of pharmacy services with an emphasis on the managed health care environment
- Requires experience in operational application of database applications, accounting, finance, or data analysis
- Demonstrated attention to detail and experience leading quality improvement initiatives
- Requires the ability to represent MedImpact at the enterprise level with proper business decisions.