This position provides administrative oversight and management of rebate operations team and is responsible for directing day to day operations within the rebate department. Solution issues and communicate issues and recommended solutions to upper management. Enforces teamwork across all internal departments, as well as with Medicaid Clients, and an in-depth understanding of all rebate programs, trends, and current management techniques and industry guidelines.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of the team through supervisors to efficiently manage the output of assigned tasks. Monitors the performance of team members by means of observation and ongoing communication with supervisors. Accountable for team conduct and productivity. Monitors direct reports attendance and reliability patterns. Administers performance improvement or corrective action plans when needed for direct and indirect reports.
- Enters and manages tickets for rebate team. Attend meetings to prioritize tickets, communicates system issues between IT and Operations team, reports progress and roadblocks to leadership for escalation. Identifies and assists in creation of new Cognos reports and enhancements of existing reports. Identifies and implements more efficient ticket process from entry to completion. Identifies opportunities for improvement and efficiency within rebate system. Manages to completion any current projects.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with federal laws, state laws and standards of practice which govern the Medicaid Drug Rebate Program. Ensures compliance with each State Medicaid contract. Maintains rebate records in accordance with all applicable state and federal guidance.
- Coordinates with external auditors for yearly SOC-1 audit. Works directly with Director to fulfill OIG and CMS audit requests. Attends meetings with auditors and delivers requested documents. Communicates any findings or process changes with supervisors to remain in compliance. Works with IT team to make changes to the rebate system to remain in compliance.
- Provides periodic updates on business performance. Escalation of issues, performance feedback, and productivity are some areas of discussion for these periodic meetings. Acts as a consultant to Rebate Director for RFPs and implementations when necessary. Assists Rebate Director in client facing meetings and communications.
- Performs monthly department meetings with staff, and as needed. Records content of meeting. Ensures compliance and accuracy of any tasks or projects required of the position or staff. Develops goals and implements necessary performance management for direct reports, and reviews for progress of the employee throughout the year. Assists Supervisors in developing goals for their teams and implementing performance improvement plans where needed.
- Ensures proper workflow and efficiencies of the department. Ensures measured productivity standards and quality of the department are achieved. Works with Quality and Training specialist to refine and improve any processes that effect quality and productivity of the department. Supervises and assists in training and implementation of enhanced workflows. Supervises the training of new hires and temps and any re-training that is warranted for existing staff members. Completes periodic updates to training schedules, user manuals, and process documents as needed. Implements new training processes using modern techniques.
-Responsible for maintaining eInvoice contacts. This includes registration activities, updates to contact information and labeler code assignments and ending access via eRebate. Acts as the point of contact for manufacturers andinternal staff for eInvoice.
Other Job Requirements
5+years Medicaid rebateexperience. 3+yearsretail pharmacy orpharmacy technicianexperience. 3+years supervisoryexperience.,Experience in an accounts receivable and/or collections., In-depth knowledge of drugs, a broad understanding of CMS rules and regulations as they pertain to rebate processing and Medicaid Drug Rebate Program. Ability to effectively communicate across business lines. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel. Cognosreportingexperience. Basic knowledge of accounting principles a plus.