ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
The Payables (Real Time Payments) Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing our emerging solution to implement a commercial Real Time Payments platform, including new product development and commercialization, strategic direction, product planning and discovery, and product profitability. This role requires exceptional innovation skills, as RTP is just being introduced into the US. They need to demonstrate product expertise with market and industry knowledge delivered through thought leadership, market support, client experience and partnering.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Execute solid product management practices. Understand client behaviors, position and structure products, and set prices. Ability to manage one or more projects or initiatives concurrently in an effective manner.
- Align with direction and strategy driven by segment management. Work across multiple functions providing support, leadership and subject matter expertise to marketing, sales, finance, technology, legal, operations and compliance in order to accomplish objectives.
- Continuous monitoring of the industry and market to lead innovation keeping with the strategy of the product.
- Maintain subject matter expertise; identify trends, changes or shifts in client and competitor behaviors and regulatory and competitive forces that impact these products.
- Follow a cyclical process of idea generation, opportunity sizing, financial benefit forecasting, business case preparation, product development, and commercialization.
- Support cross-product strategic development and influence next generation payments services along with the Treasury Services product management team.
- Support marketing and client acquisition, cross-sell, and/or retention initiatives through providing tracking information as well as insights based on data analysis.
- Deliver training internally and externally to convey an understanding of the products, their usage and functionality. Support the sales force in selling the products and articulating the benefits to clients. Develop and maintain product collateral, client and market communications to support the sales and product rollout processes.
- Manage the profitability of the electronic payables products. Continuous analysis of product financials, statistics and client and product level reporting to keep track of client behavior, market, operational or product functionality changes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experiencerequired.
- Five + years in financial services; Product, operations, and/or project management competency or related treasury management experiencepreferred.
- Very strong knowledge of Real Time/Faster payments solutions required, Experience managing RTP products or other electronic payment products strongly preferred.
- Deep experience with other electronic payment networks strongly preferred.
- Experience launching new and complex products strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills. Excellent problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Strong internal and external communication skills. Must be able to create and conduct executive level presentations, present at industry venues, and interface with the media and clients as needed.
- Excellent program and project management/organizational skills.
- Strong partnering skills; to include with internal partners including finance, technology, operations, sales, marketing, legal, compliance, and otherinternal and external partners including vendors.
- Proven ability to assess and enhance product effectiveness and market receptiveness.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations of clients.
- Ability to identify inefficient processes, recommend solutions, and manage implementation.
- An ability to champion change, influence others, and foster teamwork.
- Proficiency with PCs and standard Microsoft Office software.