Real - Time Distribution Product Manager
A prominent, data based global technology firm is currently seeking a Real-time Distribution Product Manager to join their team in New York. This tech company has multiple focuses, the main one being the creation of one of the world?s most widely utilized financial software applications. In this role you will work in a small, dynamic team with some of New York City?s top engineers, to solve very unique, large scale challenges. Their systems are very large and highly distributed, and engineers are always looking for creative solutions to solve problems, including employing a variety of modern programming languages, open source and big data technologies, as well as Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
Not only can you grow professionally in this company but they have an excellent engineering culture, work/life balance, and great benefits. The company is also very philanthropic; many employees give back to the community and the company also donates a significant portion of their profits to philanthropy. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for the next step in their career and for a work place they can call home.
In this role you will be responsible for defining the engineering-focused vision and roadmap for RDP. As the system grows, and there is a shift from being solely focused on the development of components to a full-fledged service provider, we have decisions to make and about what technology we use, how we give our clients a unified and excellent experience, and, ultimately, how we scale up to be a system that can be adopted by every application that can benefit from our infrastructure. This position involves collaborating with stakeholders, from other engineers to the Management Committee, and the RDP engineering teams. It requires strong leadership skills, but does not involve people or team management.
- Work with engineer stakeholders to understand what RDP needs to support application development.
- Develop a vision of the technology evolution strategies, and communicate the reason why behind these strategies to management committee level stakeholders.
- Maintain communication channels with stakeholders and engineering teams to create vision statements, roadmaps, and release planning forecasts.
- Ensure that development teams focus on work items which are aligned with product strategy and deliver maximum value. Provide clear and concise acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Communicate with development teams in technical details, understand the implications of certain decisions, and make trade-offs in terms of complexity, depth or even timelines.
- Make tough decisions that require making risky changes, prioritizing bugs, or even negotiating technical debt.
- Software engineering background and enough programming skills to be able to test and demonstrate the various product features yourself.
- Working knowledge of C++, C#, or Java.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience with a track-record of collaborating with other business units and engineering teams.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and garner support for your initiatives.
- Excellent presentation skills including technical writing, diagramming and public speaking.
- Experience with Lean/Agile Software Development Life-cycle plus JIRA.