The Technical Operations Manager perform duties related to oversight of installation, operation, repair, maintenance and monitoring hardware and software for building control and monitoring systems, including electronic, electric and pneumatic controls for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, lighting, utility metering and other building control systems.
In addition, individual will be part of Quality Control (QC) team ensuring construction projects remain in full compliance with the contract documents during the full cycle process.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing, operating, repairing, troubleshooting, calibrating, adjusting, replacing and monitoring electronic, electric and/or pneumatic building control systems for HVAC, lighting, and utility metering; including adjusting complex HVAC systems and making necessary corrections to match building and occupant requirements for buildings.
- Performing scheduling and programming of building control systems for daily use, including routine and special scheduling.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, monitoring and revising software for building control systems including HVAC, and lighting.
- Working closely with vendors and outside service companies as required coordinating work on building controls systems and related mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment.
- Reviewing plans and specifications for new construction and renovations projects and providing comments/recommendations related to controls systems and mechanical/electrical systems to project managers, contractors, engineers and architects.
- Responsibility for periodic, routine and scheduled inspections of all aspects of project performance and conducting internal Quality Control walk-through/pre-final inspections; guaranteeing all work is completed in a quality manner and as outlined in SOW/drawings.
- Assisting with planning and implementation of control system upgrades and expansions including network communication devices.
- Monitoring and managing data-mining and analytical software to evaluate and improve control system performance.
- Managing and maintaining timely on-site and off-site backups of all control system software.
- Maintaining control system documentation including drawings, and operations and maintenance manuals.
- Providing testing plans, logs and reports as required by contract and/or SOW. Maintaining deficiency/corrective action log; and providing as required by contract. Ensuring corrective measures eliminate identified deficiencies and re-occurrences.
The preferred candidate will live in the Massachusetts area but we remain open to alternative locations for a highly qualified candidate. Territory will include Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and all sites in upstate New York.
Experience and Skills:
- 5 or more years of control system experience
- Must have at least five years of Quality Control (QC) experience on industrial and/or commercial construction contracts greater than $10M. Demonstrated QC experience on new building construction and/or building renovations which encompass multi-discipline requirements.
- Experience working in a large, matrix driven corporate environment preferred
- Aptitude for technology
- Proficient with Automated Logic and Johnson Controls BMS systems/programming.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors and the general public.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job including moderate lifting and climbing ladders.
- Demonstrated professional communication skills (both verbal and written)
Education, Licenses and Certifications:
- Two-year technical degree related to building control and/or mechanical/electrical systems
- License in HVAC and or Electrical discipline
- Valid motor vehicle operator license.