Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charitable care and community services.
Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) Program Administrator
The position is responsible for providing management of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) through: (a) ensuring accuracy and currency of plant operations and maintenance asset database; (b) standardization of preventive maintenance tasks for similar equipment across multiple database segments; (c) development of user group specific training materials and technical support of Four Rivers/TMS; (d) development of business processes to capture equipment warranty information within software system; and (e) production and distribution of monthly management reports.
Duty to Support the Mission, Philosophy, and Values
The CMMS Program Administrator carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of Dignity Health and fully supports Dignity Health’s Mission, Philosophy and Core Values of Collaboration, Dignity, Excellence, Justice, and Stewardship.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Dignity Health, and the goals and objectives of the Corporate Real Estate Department. It is expected that the incumbent demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values and Behavioral Competencies for Leadership of Dignity Health.
This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Energy & Facility Services in Corporate Real Estate and works closely with the Directors and Managers – Corporate Real Estate, Corporate Facility Services, and the Project Finance Specialist in the management and use of the Computerized Maintenance Management System. Additionally, this position works closely with hospital facilities departments throughout Dignity Health’s large portfolio.
Scope of Accountabilities
• Serves as the primary contact for Four Rivers/TMS users in the plant operations and maintenance department and IT, to include updating workflow and applying, testing, and verifying fixes/patches.
• Ensures the accuracy and currency of plant operations and maintenance database, including asset attributes, and warranty information.
• Develops and implements procedures for CMMS management and administration in compliance with Dignity Health policy.
• Develops user-group specific training materials and provides technical training to Four River/TMS users, to include coaching and assisting users to adopt new work place practices.
• Uploads preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance tasks, warranties and maintenance contracts.
• Verifies and categorizes all work orders including preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, administrative, minor projects, and warranty tickets as well as electronic assignment of work to the facilities team are being utilized.
• Works with hospital Directors and Managers to develop short and long-term plans, level workloads, and development of annual goals.
• Assist with the development of standard operating procedures to increase productivity, decrease equipment downtime and, improve quality.
• Maintains connectivity between the CMMS system and the capital planning databases to ensure the two software systems are kept current and update one another.
• Archives and restores data, supports and maintaining Four Rivers/TMSreports, running queries, and creating ad hoc reports.
Key Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance management of hospital stationary and mobileinfrastructure or industrial process related equipment is preferred.
• Strong analytical skills to include proficiency in PC based applications (Excel and Access including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management).
• Experience working with complex, large-scale relational databases, statistical programs, and other tools to compile and interpret quantitative data. Extracts accurate conclusions and identifies trends from statistical information.
• Track record of maintaining high-quality standards for the organization. Understands key process issues and makes sure process improvements happen.
• Synthesizes all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Good presentation, leadership, and management skills.
Travel is limited to occasional travel to hospitals and system offices and offsite departmental business meetings (< 15%).
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field and seven (7) years of progressive experienceworking with Computerized Maintenance Management Software systems (CMMS) relating to the maintenance of healthcare related equipment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Four Rivers – TMS administrator is preferred.
• Ability to administer and configure CMMS (preferably Four Rivers - TMS) database and applications, including implementation, setup, maintenance, deployment, upgrade and customization.
• Solid understanding of CMMS (preferably Four Rivers - TMS) from user point of view.
Job ID 2017-35160