Real Estate Project Supervisor
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The New York office of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Real Estate Project Supervisor. The Supervisor will work closely with the Legal Assistant Manager and the Department’s assigning partners in the hiring, development and training of a skilled paralegal staff in his/her designated practice group. The Supervisor also will be responsible for deal assignments, the daily deal flow and ensuring that best practices are maintained.
Additionally, the Supervisor will maintain a billable hours requirement and provide specialized paralegal support to the Real Estate team and assist in the execution of commercial real estate closing and post-closing procedures. Responsibilities include: providing transactional assistance to the Department’s attorneys including many aspects of commercial real estate due diligence, the preparation of loan documents, assignment documents, ancillary affidavits and schedules and transfer documents; organization and maintenance of deal files, checklists and closing binders; and follow up on and organization of post-closing items including recorded documents and post-closing requirements.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record.
- Minimum of seven years of commercial real estate paralegal experience at a law firm; supervisory experience a plus.
- Registered as a NY State Notary, or eligibility to become a Notary.
- Proven ability to research, analyze and synthesize large amounts of data.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a commitment to professionalism, integrity and collegiality.
- Highly detail-oriented, including ability to assess and respond to underlying detail issues and implications.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime as necessary, including nights and weekends.