The Program Manager is a key member of the global Real Estate Transactions and Projects group that’s responsible for global office expansions. Under the direction of the real estate Regional Project Directors they will provide leadership for project teams made up of Salesforce staff and third party partners. The Program Manager will manage and coordinate complex real estate projects and programs through all phases of initiation, design, implementation and start-up. Will meet regularly with internal business stakeholders and leaders, and will work closely with global design manager on implementation of design standards. Must work cooperatively with business unit client representatives, otherSalesforceinternal partners such as IT, purchasing, security and other departments within the Real Estate and Workplace Services organization. Must be passionate about creating innovative work environments in a high growth company.
- Manages Real Estate and Workplace related programs and individual complex projects valued up to $10M.
- Ensures projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting multiple internal business unit objectives.
- Manages the project teams including outsourced project managers, architects, engineers, design consultants, construction managers and administrative support.
- Develops and manages project schedules and budgets.
- Support the continuous development and implementation of design standards and guidelines.
- Support the development and implementation of streamlined processes for managing project cost, schedule, quality, risk, and communications.
- Manages all project communication including status and progress reporting and executive reporting and presentations.
- Makes presentations to all levels of senior management.
- Supports the preparation of detailed construction cost estimates and documentation for project funding authorization.
- Monitors progress, provides financial control and ensures quality of project delivery.
- Works cooperatively with and ensures that team members work cooperatively with the appropriate internal partners in Purchasing, Security, IT, Legal, HR, Finance, Brand Marketing and Corporate Communications.
- Oversee the vendor selection and performance management process for consultants, contractors, and other outside vendors.
- Interacts with governmental branches and regulatory agencies as required to ensure that projects comply with all applicable legal requirements and regulations.
- Manage landlord communications and approvals related to project delivery.
- Ensure smooth project closeout and transition to normal operations.
- Manage and ensure successful completion of post occupancy customer satisfaction measurement.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Engineering, Construction, Architecture or related field.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience in the direct management of large, complex real estate projects with responsibility for site analysis, permitting and approvals, budget control, estimating, design and construction coordination, and project scheduling.
- Professional registration and other advanced training is preferred.
- Experience with ground up new constructionpreferred.
An excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing is essential. Excellent customer service and analytical skills are necessary as is a personality that pays attention to details. Must exhibit initiative and a strong desire to achieve results. Must be computer literate in the use of typical construction industry software packages (e.g. scheduling, cost/cash flow control, etc.). Proficiency in real estate financial analysis is required. Must have demonstrated ability to manage complexity and must be organizationally/politically astute. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and motivate teams of people. Demonstrated ability to manage staff and a strong understanding of the entire corporate real estate function from strategy and planning to information management is required. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices. Working knowledge of CAD/CAFM systems is desirable