Work with the Corporate Legal Department in the following areas: preparation of documents in connection with condominium and retail development, retail and office leasing, acquisitions, disposition and financing of commercial real estate other real estate activities in Summerlin.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle all matters regarding thelease, purchase and sale of property including, but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of Agreements
- Review of Title Documents and Surveys
- Environmental Reports
- Preparation of Real Estate Closing Documents
- Prepare lease agreements, purchase and sale agreements, easements, amendments, subleases and other legal documentation.
- Abstract documents for lease agreements, acquisition and disposition transactions.
- Work in conjunction with corporate attorneys, other paralegals and legal assistant with regard to real estate and real estate financing legal matters.
- Assist attorneys in research and carrying out various tasks, and assisting in cases associated with landlord-tenant disputes and land-use matters. This may include preparing documents for meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 years of related legal experience in a law firm or in a corporate legal department.
- Must have paralegal experience in the Commercial Real Estate Industry.
- Familiarity with legal contracts and related terminology.
- Professional interaction with clients and vendors.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Work overtime as required.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Organization and Attention to Detail skills.
- Exceptional Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Paralegal Certification preferred.