Manages real estate portfolio to control and maintain the Bank’s real estate portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages real estate portfolio including growth planning, market reviews, renewals, and new site lease negotiations. Negotiates contracts, subleases and lease renewals.
• Manages relationships with real estate brokers and other vendors.
• Manages sale of non-productive assets and lease administration which includes CAM
Audits, property tax appeals, bench-marking, portfolio management reporting, and data control.
• Manages the following: LOI preparation, market mapping, CRA coordination, real estate process flow management, relocation evaluation, regulatory tracking , insurance and compliance.
• Sets production goals and ensures their achievement.
• Manages relationships with Bank executives and other senior management to establish corporate strategic plans and objectives.
• Ensures proper standards are implemented in order to safeguard the company assets.
• Stays informed of trends in the retail banking and financial industries in order to effectively anticipate the markets and opportunities.
• Manage overall department capital and operating budgeting, planning, policy management.
• Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
• Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
• May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
• Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
• Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
• Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
• May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES none
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• 5-7 years of relevant Real Estate Management experience or equivalent and previous experience in all aspects of real estate management in a geographically dispersed environment.
• Experience directing and controlling the activities of a functional area and having responsibility for planning, implementing, and maintaining costs, methods, and associates.
• Experience interacting with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers. Interactions normally involve controversial situations, customer negotiations, or influencing and persuading other senior-level managers.
• Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships
• Excellent planning and organization skills with the ability to change course (adaptable) at a moment’s notice.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Microsoft Office 360
• Ability to present to small and large audiences.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
• Occasional travel.