Job ID: 117324
Lead a team of development professionals to strategize specified markets, negotiate land purchase and lease documents & operating agreements, process entitlements/permits leading and construction of retail locations, as well as manage an existing portfolio of operating stores, excess property, and office locations.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Determines the optimal deployment into new markets or the optimal market coverage to complement the current Home Depot deployment, in coordination with Store Planners.
- Acquires land drafting letters of intent, negotiating purchase and sale agreements, and development of reciprocal easement- and other agreements.
- Secures proper zoning for properties, and attains all approvals and permits for the project.
- Directs and coordinates the work of a development team from inception to opening, which includes outside vendors, consultants, lease administration, construction, and legal staff.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to a Director of Real Estate.
- Typically negotiates in a competitive or adversarial environment.
- Typically solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management’s goals and standards.
- Typically expected to provide infrequent status reports to management only as appropriate.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 30-40% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must meet many simultaneous demands for important decisions/actions and face some confrontations or other difficult situations and demands for results.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional certification in Real Estate Development, Management or Urban Planning or a related field.
- Knowledge of Northeast/East U.S. geography is preferred
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6+ years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight years of experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Northeast/Mid-Atlantic geography is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Commercial real estate transaction experience in retail development and leasing.
- Demonstrated history of successful real estate negotiation and development skills.
- Experience with industrial real estate and land negotiations highly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong time management and project planning skills
- Ability to prepare, review and negotiate financial analysis of potential deal structures.
- Strong negotiation abilities to include legal document review and negotiation in conjunction withlegal counsel.
- Commercial development or brokerage experience.
- Commercial retail, real estate or development experience.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Project leadership skills.