The Real Estate Manager’s primary role is maximizing the profitability of the Company’s real estate assets and providing real estate support to railroad operations. The ideal candidate would combine a strong knowledge of real estate principals, excellent negotiating skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and GIS, and basic accounting and finance expertise.
- Responsible for general real estate portfolio management for railroads, periodic travel to each locationrequired. Travel anticipated is 10-15%.
- Responsible for maintenance of real estate management database containing information regarding active leases and lease account status.
- Prepares periodic reports of the performance of the real estate program including ongoing interim financial review, forecasting and budgeting.
- Perform periodic lease reviews and negotiate market rents.
- Prepares leases, license, and/or easement documents for the use of railroad assets by third parties.
- Negotiate and handle all aspects of the leasing and/or licensing of railroad real estate assets.
- Locate and identify encroachments within the Right of Way and enter information into Geographic Information System (GIS), and monetize the occupancy.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned from Supervisor.
- 5+ years real estate background, concentration in right of way or corridor management preferred.
- Broad knowledge of real estate contracts, leases, licenses, and title issues.
- Knowledge and working understanding of real estate legal descriptions required.
- Highly developed working abilities with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, ARC GIS and Access.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to function and complete assignments in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment is essential.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
Job Location Jacksonville, Florida, United States