Implement and execute all aspects of Area Real Estate strategies in accordance with Crown Castle’s objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the Property Management Department delivers services and exceeds internal and external expectations.
- Manage the Real Estate Specialist team including hiring, training, coaching, terminating, scheduling and conducting performance reviews.
- Ensure the Real Estate Specialist team is appropriately resourced based on anticipated projects, application volume, and related services.
- Market and solicit real estate related services, specifically pre-construction, zoning and permitting services. Work with all appropriate team members to ensure proper staffing is in place to deliver these services to the customer within budget and on time.
- Manage the SAR process (Site Abandonment Recommendation) to ensure all sites submitted for Abandonment have been thoroughly assessed to ensure correct decisions are made. Ensure compliance of SAR process by all functional groups until abandonment is complete.
- Manage the solution of all real estate related issues/problems in order to allow the customers access to sites in an efficient manner and meet all real estate cycle time goals, e.g., resolve exception reviews, obtain consent, secure additional land, obtain zoning approvals, resolve title issues, resolve site and tower restrictions, and remedy term limitations.
- Manage the Real Estate Specialist team to meet projected goals and targets on real estate Services. Provide current services status reports to Management and Customers.
- Work with other Area and Functional groups to combine and develop best practices.
- Ensure all non-customer impacting real estate matters are resolved in a timely manner; e.g., encroachment claims, landlord data tickets, COIs, SNDAs, tower operations support, code violations, tower relocations, access issues, litigation matters, etc.
- Keep the Area Director Real Estate well informed regarding real estate issues including landlord issues, cycle time delays, litigation matters, and provide performance reports as needed.
- Oversee NMT (Negative Margin Tower) program to ensure Area meets goal of reducing negative margin impact to the business.
- Manage projects to maximize portfolio, including leasing/selling excess land.
- Foster cross-functional relationships with PEP, Property Management, Legal, CM&R, District, Asset, Tower Operations and Finance.
- Ensure all real estate data in system is accurate and certified as appropriate. Ensure that all appropriate real estate due diligence documentation is scanned into CCISites and validated as appropriate.
- Manage all Area office leases to ensure leases are negotiated, renewed or terminated in a timely manner.
- Ensure team is complying with Crown’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience
- Real Estate license preferred but not required
- Five (5) or more years of wireless industry and or real-estate experience
- Previous management experiencepreferred
- Zoning and permitting experiencepreferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with subordinates and management
- Ability to negotiate and work with multiple parties to achieve the best results for Crown Castle and all parties involved
- Ability to diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Ability to read and comprehend contracts and agreements
- Ability to read and comprehend all title documentation
- Ability to read and comprehend survey and construction drawings
- Ability to understand and perform business finance transactions
- Ability to comprehend zoning ordinances and municipal processes
- Travel required
Reports to: Area Director Real Estate