As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is the asset management business of Voya Financial, a Fortune 500 company with over 6,000 employees seeking to help clients plan, invest and protect their savings. Voya IM manages approximately $220 billion in assets across Fixed Income, Senior Loans, Equities, Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions, Private Equity, and Real Assets.1 Drawing on over 40 years of experience and the expertise of 250+ investment professionals, Voya IM’s capabilities span traditional products and solutions as well as those that cannot be easily replicated by an index.Voya IM’s award-winning culture is deeply rooted in a client-centric approach to helping investors meet their goals — from insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, and consultants to intermediaries, and individual investors. Reliability is why our clients hire us and it is why they trust us to navigate the path ahead.Summary
In this role, you will partner with the Regional Manager in executing on a marketing plan to find and cultivate the sources of core and core-plus loans, to include the initial underwriting, credit analysis and investment committee presentations of new investment opportunities.
Mortgage Loan Origination Responsibilities
- Solicit mortgage loans through correspondent mortgage bankers in defined geographic territory.
- Member of a team that directly solicits mortgage loans from large national accounts.
- Review and underwrite proposed mortgage loans.
- Negotiate and structure mortgage loan investments.
- Underwrite, value and inspect the security.
- Prepare detailed analysis and presentation of mortgage loan investments to the investment committee.
- Negotiate and issue mortgage loan commitments.
- Coordinate, with legal counsel, the closing of mortgage loan transactions.
- Review and approve environmental, engineering and appraisal reports.
- Produce the required volume of quality mortgage loan transactions at required yields.
- Research new territories where required, and continually review existing territories in search of quality mortgage loan transactions.
- Contribute valuable knowledge of local real estate markets within territory.
- Build and maintain correspondent relationships.
- Maintain general knowledge of factors affecting the real estate market and economy.
- Provide leadership in areas of program and subordinate development.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years work experience in commercial real estate required.
- Ability to evaluate real estate and real estate markets.
- Detailed knowledge of mortgage loan documentation, analysis, and legal issues.
- Knowledge of alternative investments and relative value.
- Management and leadership skills necessary to implement directives and obtain established goals.
- Routine travel for marketing purposes and asset/market inspections.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.