As a Real Estate Development Manager at Weyerhaeuser, you will lead the entitlement, permitting and execution of certain real estate development projects within our North Carolina holdings and serve as the primary contact to local governments and other approval agencies. This individual must be able to work collaboratively on complex issues with many different external groups (development partners, consultants, local government staff, local elected officials, neighboring property owners, etc.).
This role will be based out of your home within the Eastern Carolina region.
Typically, up to 25% travel within the region is required, with additional trips in the continental United States on occasion.
- Managing multiple complex development projects in various stages ranging from preliminary entitlement through final permitting and horizontal construction
- Identifying and evaluating potential solutions to complex real estate development issues (public land use policy, transportation planning, utilities and infrastructure, concurrency, impact identification and mitigation, etc.)
- Overseeing selection, management and contracting of outside consultants to insure timely, cost effective and best practice service. Builds and maintains successful relationships and communications with other Weyerhaeuser business units (Timberlands, Real Estate, Legal, Finance, etc.)
- Establishing close working relationships within local community leaders and city/county/state approval agencies
- Managing project scheduling, budgeting and reporting
- Providing financial reviews and updates, accounting forecasts for development projects
- Conducting feasibility analysis: analyze potential projects from the perspectives of mission-fit, financial feasibility and risk
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Real Estate, Engineering or related subject
- Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of seven years’ experience with large scale real estate projects
- Significant horizontal development experience specifically in the areas of transportation, utility and infrastructure planning and execution
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Decision-making based on sound economic analysis
- Effective verbal and written communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook