At Regions, the DPO Real Estate Banking Product Manager II is a client-facing role, partnering directly with coverage on the extension of debt products transactions to meet clients' needs. This individual serves as part of the first line of defense, with the coverage team, in identifying and mitigating risk in existing and proposed debt products transactions. The individual will work directly with teammates in Debt Products, Credit Risk, Client Coverage, Capital Markets, and other areas of the bank to lead the analysis of credit opportunities, underwriting of credit exposure and management of a portfolio of loans and other credit relationships while providing effective challenge to these various constituents. This individual will provide subject matter expertise and manage the overall delivery of debt products to assigned clients
- Works in support of coverage banker to develop target set of companies within markets to enhance proper client selectivity
- Able to add value directly to client and coverage in articulating Regions' underwriting methods, processes and risk appetite for specific debt products
- Maintains market knowledge of loan pricing and structural trends to match client needs with Regions' debt product solutions
- Calls jointly on clients with coverage bankers to understand clients' needs and specific risks to client business.
- Works with coverage banker to develop client strategy focusing on existing and potential credit exposure. Assists coverage banker in optimizing relationship through cross sell activities of debt products
- Leads the credit process on identified debt product opportunities. Ultimately accountable for structuring, underwriting, closing and management of new and existing debt products for clients.
- Serves as the primary contact with Credit Risk
- Oversees ongoing monitoring of existing portfolio by being accountable for periodic assessments and other servicing requirements
- Serves as a mentor/coach to team members, specifically Debt Products Associates assigned to managed clients
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
This position is incentive eligible.
- Bachelor's degree
- Completion of a major corporate credit training program (or the equivalent corporate banking/corporate finance experience)
- Experience in relationship management either as a coverage banker or as a client facing member of the relationship team
- 10 or more years of underwriting and portfolio management experience.
- Legal document experience
- Understanding of loan structuring needs, loan documentation requirements and market knowledge
- Financial analysis experience
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coach others
- Well organized, attention to detail, and able to manage multiple projects under pressure
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven leader with ability to make sound judgments
- Ability to negotiate with both internal and external parties