Real Estate Assistant
Onyx+East, LLC - Indianapolis, IN
At Onyx+East, we create unique, personal living experiences for our residents and sustainable properties for our communities. Our roots are in building condos and townhouse in urban areas, and our focus is on providing the lifestyle of convenience and sophistication that our residents desire. We intentionally and thoughtfully select locations, floor plans, and designs to enhance the lives of our residents and ensure each property combines livability, convenience, viability, and comfort.
Onyx+East is comprised of real estate and construction experts, planners, designers and architects. We provide a semi-custom home building experience by offering a high-level of modern standards and a large variety of upgrade options. We work with each resident on the design and finish selections to define their unique space, turning a blank canvas into a place they can call “home.”
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of development activities and company initiatives to prepare projects and products for construction. The individual will assist in the feasibility of potential opportunities and will be responsible for coordinating the Onyx and East development process involving multiple consultants, various jurisdictions, and other team members. The position will focus on the communication among team members and project details ensuring a smooth turnover to construction. Other activities include due diligence related to land acquisition, processing and closing loans, and handling communications both internally and external to Onyx+East. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, project management skills, and ability to work closelywith both internal and external stakeholders to reach shared goals.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain project calendars, track critical dates, legal items, and ensure land purchaser obligations and deadlines are being met
- Solicit proposals for due diligence materials, coordinate review and updates throughout the predevelopment process.
- Assist in preparing project proposals for Investment Committees
- Manage project predevelopment budgets, reviewing project invoices, contracts, agreements, and coordination of payment requests.
- Coordinate project meetings and collaboration withconstruction team and consultants.
- Ensure construction documents are consistent with the development team’s vision for projects to be On Budget, On Time, and At Quality.
- Professionally represent the company in meetings with planning staff, utility providers, boards, and commissions.
- Communicate with all levels within the organization; and external contacts including lawyers, surveyors, engineers, architects, title companies, and governmental staff.
- Participate in investment committee meetings and the constructionloan process, meetings, calls and events when appropriate
- Coordinate responses to RFPs and other project opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in business, engineering, or planning related fields
- Extremely thorough and detail oriented
- Deadline driven
- Task and process oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, Power Point
- Excellent organizational, time management, and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 2-5years of experience as project manager in related industry including civil engineering, architecture, planning or law.
Position Reports to: Vice President of Product and Growth
Job Type: Full-time
- reporting and finance: 3years
- Market Analysis: 3years
- builder or development or real estate industry: 3years
- bachelors in real estate finance, architecture or business: 4years