Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Protecting the world's information requires great people. There are people in 50 countries working on products and services that protect what matters most—from the most important information of the Fortune 500 to your family photos. Everything we do begins with what we've learned about keeping people's information secure.
With the explosion of cloud services and the proliferation of mobile applications, enterprise security has never been more important. Symantec as the #1 enterprise security platform is uniquely placed to drive innovation and shape the industry.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
Symantec's workplace team is looking for a Project Manager (PM) to manage internal and external teams to oversee the successful design and build-outs of new communities throughout the Americas & EMEA region. You shall be responsible for managing a team of architects, designers, and construction team, to ensure that the projects are delivered on time and on budget. You will serve as the primary contact and liaison between Workplace's cross-functional teams, our internal partners and project teams. The PM shall be responsible for the project from the moment the space has been identified through design, construction and occupancy. The PM shall be able to keep the team focused on the task at hand. The PM will handle multiple projects concurrently in various different stages and shall be able to work in a fast pace environment.
You shall have experience at various stages of development including but not limited to due diligence, bidding, contract management, people management, etc.
- Oversee a team of multiple internal and external partners, designers and planners that,
- Coordinate all aspects of our construction projects, including the design, permitting, budget and scheduling
- Prepare construction documentation, specifications, milestones and estimates
- Ensure compliance with project standards, as well as regulatory and contract requirements.
- Handle the closeout of projects, including resolution of all punch lists and change orders, including final lien releases
- Actively manage our internal customers and provide periodic updates on projects
- Review and find opportunities to improve construction budgets and schedules
- Ensure the infrastructure requirements at each office is consistent with our global guidelines
- Assists in the preparation of budgets for all renovation and construction projects. Maintains budget status, forecasts and cash flow reports for projects.
- Engages with Procurement and Legal to prepare RFP's for architects, general contractors and other consultants.
- Provide monthly construction status reports for executive reporting purposes, which will include meeting notes and correspondence
- Assist in tracking LEED Certification and/or Well Building requirements (as necessary)
- Coordinate procurement, consolidation, shipment, delivery and installation of FF&E
- Lead the commissioning and handover of projects to the Facilities organization
- Responsible for overall quality, budget & schedule for project and process oversight of project team
- Lead multiple projects at once
- Ensure project team is adequately resourced to achieve project goal*
- Travel is expected to oversee the projects at the various stages.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience – seek a minimum of 7 years' experience in the corporate real estate industry, which includes previous experience in leading a team and engaging in all sizes of construction projects. LEED Certification and other designations in the field a plus.
- Experience of all phases of the design process from schematic design through the bid process and construction management
- Be familiar with construction industry standard methodologies, building & ADA codes
- Know AutoCAD/drafting and strong technical skills
- Take initiative, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Communication – Strong written and verbal skills, combined with the ability to engage with all levels of management in a confident, clear and concise manner.
- Financial Acumen – Ability to provide and summarize the financial impacts of various alternatives, while still being able to dive into the details with a high degree of accuracy.
- Cultural Awareness – Demonstrates the sensitivity to navigate cultural differences between countries. Adapt practices, services and strategies to balance the local needs with the global initiatives.
- Solutions Driven – Execution driven and leads by example. Ability to supervise and lead initiatives to completion in a timely fashion.