Titan Virginia Ready Mix has an excellent opportunity for an Operations Supervisor in its Northern Virginia region located in Sterling, VA. This salaried exempt position reports to the NOVA Operations Manager. The Operations Supervisor works independently and is responsible for providing direction and leadership for an assigned group of ready-mix plant operations in the region, including but not limited to financials, budgeting, operations, safety, quality, and environmental compliance.
The primary function of this position is to provide direction and leadership to the Operations personnel while ensuring the performance and safety standards are maintained within the region and includes system and personnel efficiencies, production, process improvements, and reducing plant costs.
- Oversee, maintain, and manage at assigned plants, all operational performance activities, ensuring compliance with all company policies and regulatory requirements
- Establish and lead a performance-based Safety Culture, ensuring Environmental compliance with all regulations and standards, ensure compliance with all safety incident reporting requirements
- Review, analyze, and manage the financial performance of the assigned plants to include, managing hours, overtime, and yards per driver hour; assist in budget preparation
- Promote and measure the performance of personnel towards established objectives, ensuring compliance with all Company policies
- Analyzes production performance versus Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to meet or exceed established key performance indicators
- Meet daily production schedules, documents system performance, identify and analyze problem area breakdown trends.
- Conduct root cause analyses and develops sustainable solutions to reoccurring problems
- Manage the operating budget while focusing on optimization and reduction of costs
- Provide project management direction to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Ensure all equipment is being operated and maintained properly, by managing the training and development of personnel
- Responsible for the staffing of operations personnel by reviewing resumes, interviewing, and hiring candidates
- Investigate and resolve employee concerns, involving appropriate departments as needed
- Manage the inventory process at assigned plants and ensure all inventory is documented and submitted on time
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance actions are completed, documented, and all plant equipment is in proper working order
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certifications: ACI and VDOT Batch Plant Operator Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years related experience or equivalent combination of education, experience, and 3-5 years of management experience
- A valid class “B” CDL license preferred
- The ability to build successful relationships, by treating and relating to others in a professional, open, and respectful way, even in difficult or challenging circumstances.
- The ability to create and maintain constructive working relationships and an overall positive working environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and a mentality focused on continuous improvement.
- The ability to understand and satisfy the needs of the customer, with a professional attitude.
- High level of energy, and the ability to adapt quickly, be flexible, and manage change effectively.
- Proficiency in budgeting, financial management, and managing a multi-functional work environment.
- Strong problem solving, project management, and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency with MS Office software and working knowledge of fleet maintenance software, including DataStream, and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Strong math skills, with the ability to compile, process, and analyze data.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities effectively.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines, assist in the resolution of technical problems, and manage ambiguous information effectively.
- Ability to travel within the region daily; elsewhere as needed, must possess and maintain an acceptable driving record
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Knowledge of sales, quality assurance, maintenance, and dispatch, preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors with direct exposure to heat and cold, constantly stand and walk, climb, work from heights, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Titan America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or another legally protected status.