Who You’ll Work With
As a modernized technology company, our Slalom Technologists are disrupting the market and bringing to life the art of the possible for our clients. We have passion for building strategies, solutions and creative products to help our clients solve their most complex and interesting business problems. We surround our technologists with interesting challenges, innovative minds and emerging technologies.
Slalom is seeking a talented React Software Engineer to join our ModernUI Practice in Seattle. In this role, you would help our team deliver engaging, modern web experiences for customers, partners and employees. As a Software engineer, your role could vary from project to project, so it requires someone who is flexible, open to new challenges, and willing to work in situations where scope may not always be clearly defined.
You will be actively engaged on enterprise projects including websites, web apps, native mobile apps, and customer portals. In this role you will work in small teams on various software development and design projects, ranging from weeks to months in duration, delivering quality solutions to our clients.
What You’ll Do
- Own front-end experience activities including UI design, development, testing, and support of complex web and native applications
- Use technical knowledge to design and build complex web applications to meet client requirements/specifications
- Create beautifully designed UIs that are efficient and implemented to the highest industry/client standards
- Mentor clients, work on projects independently, participate as a team member, and lead teams of less experienced consultants and/or clients and vendors to successful project delivery
- Follow a project methodology that allows for scope and budget management of all sub-projects, program support activities, organizational structure and success criteria
- Identify potential risks and issues, anticipate points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address concerns
- Attend and lead meetings; provide project status reporting to the client
- Produce applications that provide measurable business value to our clients
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of front-end development experience with React or Angular
- Solid understanding of enterprise website development principles
- Strong investigative, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work independently or as part of an agile team
- Able to draw on past experiences and projects to define highly successful solutions
- Prior experience with Redux, Vue, EmberJS, JQuery, Sass/SCSS, Less, NodeJS, Grunt, Gulp, GraphQL, Bootstrap, AWS or Azure a plus