We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, we'll encourage you to join in! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Starcraft to Cranium over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want world-class people to join us on that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a can do mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is passionate, intelligent, creative, and constantly seeking new challenges. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding, building and selling successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain Skillz mobile SDK and User Interface using React Native
- Collaborate with product owners to add new features to the Skillz platform
- Collaborate with the design team to implement simple but beautiful user interactions
- Work on technical improvements to make our platform have broader reach with easier integration steps
- Experience with React Native
- Experience working on iOS or Android outside of React Native is a huge plus
- Familiarity with popular mobile frameworks like Unity or Marmalade is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science