The Director of Nutrition Services/Registered Dietitian is responsible for managing, planning, organizing, directing and evaluating all phases of the Nutrition Services department operations. Provides administrative support in the acquisition, preparation and distribution of food, and the serving of all foods in an institutional setting. Monitors and enforces proper sanitation, safety and infection control policies. Supervises, trains and directs employees in Nutrition Services department to ensure appropriate nutritional intake and patient satisfaction, maintaining current knowledge and conformance with regulatory requirements and facility and departmental policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Current, valid, and active license and/or certification to practice as a Registered Dietitian in the state of employment required.
- Registration with the American Dietetic Association required.
- Minimum five (5) years of previous managerial experience in a hospital setting required.
- Therapeutic diet experience required.
- Food handling certification as required by State regulations.
- Current BLS certification from a Vibra-approved vendor required.
- CDM, CFPP certification preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.