This position is part of the Global Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GGRC) organization and reports to the Risk & Compliance Director supporting Global Credit. The successful candidate will serve as the Risk and Compliance point of contact supporting Technology, Product and Strategy organizations for Global Credit.
This position is part of the Global Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GGRC) organization and reports to the Risk & Compliance Director supporting Global Credit. The successful candidate will serve as the Risk and Compliance point of contact supporting Technology, Product and Strategy organizations for Global Credit. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Providing guidance to business partners relating to the development of controls for critical business processes to mitigate compliance/operational risk
- Executing compliance risk assessments
- Supporting ongoing and targeted compliance monitoring and/or testing
- Providing governance oversight of business unit’s issue management and remediation efforts
- Providing guidance on and governance oversight on the integration of regulatory and operational risk requirements in the development of SOPs and applicable policies
- Providing business with guidance and oversight related to new/revised product development, processes or other initiatives
- Developing and maintaining Credit RCO playbook for and oversee activities for launch of new products, new commercial relationships, or geographic expansion and other significant strategic initiatives
- Preparing periodic reports summarizing the business units’ risk and control environment and providing guidance on plans to address weakness
- Engaging key Risk and Compliance program stakeholders to help support business unit initiatives
- Building strong relationships with business partners and global Risk and Compliance Officers
- Leading team, providing development to team members
- 8+ years of Audit, Compliance, AML, Regulatory, banking, PayPal or similar experience
- 5+ years people management experience
- Demonstrates strong and effective leadership skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of PayPal policies and procedures
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- CRCM, CAMs, CIPP, or similar designations preferred.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.