This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
Salary Salary Negotiable Experience and Education
Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting and five (5) years progressively responsiblefinance or accounting experience and two (2) years of supervisory experiencerequired. Mastersdegreepreferred.
- The Viral Vector Production Laboratory provides large-scale good manufacturing practice production of viral products. This position will oversee the business operations side of the core.
- Producing monthly, year-to-datefinancialreports, variance to budget explanation, multi-year forecasts, monitoring and reporting the financial status of capital spend, revenue, product demand pipeline, and cash reserves.
- Clearly, and in an organized manner, interacting with internal/ external clients to describe costs and timelines of Core services and addressing all other financial-related customer concerns. Create process and policy.
- Managing the financial aspects of and salary sourcing personnel submitting salary sourcing and change funding forms in PeopleSoft HCM.
- Monitoring and projecting subledgers weekly cash flow to maintain, not exceed, a 60-day cash balance as required by UTSW.
- Working with the Deans Office on funding inflow/ outflow projections and information requests.
- Collaborating with lab personnel on multimillion dollar equipment (capital) purchases.
- Calculating product pricing to ensure internal customers are charged break-even prices and external pricing includes a profit margin.
- Monitoring and measuring price elasticity of demand, presenting pricing options with projected effects, and providing a recommendation.
- Analyzing raw material pricing and calculating product material cost to ensure accurate profit margin calculations.
- Advising Investigator and Operational staff on the aforementioned points.
- Interact with clients; they will need to be knowledgeable about the Core and be able to communicate effectively about the products and operations of the Core. This will require specialized knowledge and some scientific background and understanding
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work requires strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients; need to be knowledgeable about the Core and be able to communicate effectively about the products and operations of the Core. This will require specialized knowledge and some scientific background and understanding.
- Work requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work requires ability to independently perform work of considerable complexity in order to achieve general results by interpretation of policy and using ingenuity, initiative, and good judgment, and/or precedents to work problems having broad implications.
- Work requires internal contact with faculty, students, administration, and postdoctoral fellows in running business operations of lab.
- Work requires external contact with vendors for equipment purchase and maintenance and external research labs to promote laboratory business, troubleshoot problems, and maintain state and federal regulations.
- Work requires interpretation of policy and application of relevant procedures or practices.