WANTED: A mission-driven professional with US Navy Littoral Combat Ship (LCS 2 Variant) Diesel and Gas Turbine & propulsion experience and Secret clearance to become our next Readiness Assistance Team (RAT) LCS Team Leadfor CNSP in San Diego, CA. Candidate will support the CNSP Readiness Assistance Team program.
As the RAT LCS Team Lead, you will:
- Provide critical support in protecting our country
- Work with a team of driven, supportive, and highly skilled professionals supporting the CNSP RAT program.
- Continue growing and perfecting your skills as an LCS propulsion expert, and train and mentor Sailors on the operation and maintenance of their engineering plant.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company
A week in the life of the RAT LCS Team Lead:
- Responsible for a team of engineering SMEs conducting tailored training visits in CNSP LCS 2 variant ships.
- Provide feedback to Commanding Officers, Chief Engineers and Sailors on the operation and maintenance of their propulsion plant.
- Use your in-depth knowledge in US Navy maintenance processes, operations of diesel engineering plants, and training of Sailors to improve the performance and knowledge level of Ship’s Engineering Departments.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED “BEST OF THE BEST” by U.S. Veterans Magazine, "BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and “TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER” by MilitaryFriendly.com. We are an official Virginia Values Veterans certified company.
- Bachelor or associate degree or extensive demonstrated experience in a management role
- Over 25 years of supervisory experience in engineering plants
- LCS 2 variant engineering plant experience required
- Extensive experience as shipboard Engineering Officer of the Watch (EOOW) on multiple ships
- Extensive experience in Navy Ship main propulsion engineering on multiple ships
- Supervisory main propulsion experience with Navy surface ship maintenance processes.
- Maintenance/training staff experience (e.g. Immediate Superior In Charge (ISIC), Type Commander (TYCOM), or Afloat Training Group)
- In-depth knowledge of Navy ship depot level maintenance processes
- In-depth knowledge of the theory and workings of surface ship maintenance processes
- Active Secret Clearance