About the Opportunity
Supports the Director of Raspberry Supply Development to manage DOTA Raspberry substrate supply and develop strategic supply plans in all districts. Maintains a log of acreage information including potential, confirmed and actual acres. Support the coordination anddistribution of substrate-related plant material in all districts.Responsible to organize and coordinate all substrate costdrivers into planning models. Accountable to manage the raspberry substratebudget. Collaborates to develop the overall substrate supply plan with the end goal of vision and design of a supply curve which enhances efficiency and supports optimization of product value. Collaborates with Senior Forecast Manager to improve forecast performance. Collaborates withApplied Research team to adopt new substrate tools. Routinely visits all districts and coordinates the transfer of information and ideas between district Raspberry Production Managers. Supports the development of economic analysis to beshared with Districts and Growers. Distributes information on production practices and varieties. Identifies potential new production areas incooperation with the Raspberry Leadership Team.
- Management of all DOTA substrate plant inventories.
- Strategic understanding of substrate production and cooling protocols to drive efficient and consistent processes across DOTA.
- Strategic understanding and management of Quantrix models with regard to development and management of Substrate supply. Accountable to bring strategic insight and modeling to the planning and management of substrate raspberry applications.
- Coordinate all DOTA substrate production information to drive an effective budget and supply plan.
- Develop a strong understanding of LVS, DVS, Nursery, and commodity contract rules.
- Maintains database of key supply information used in planning.
- Analysis and strategic understanding of pertinent raspberry competitors, especially in regard to substrate production (but not limited to substrate production).
- Coordinate the transfer of information/ideas/best practices to and from the Districts, Applied Research/Agronomy, QA, and other DOTA departments
- Management of potential, confirmed and actual acres.
- Assist with the recruitment of new growers.
- Routinely visit all production districts.
- Distribute information to districts on production practices and varieties as needed throughout the year and through pre- and post-harvest-season meetings in each district.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s proprietary and confidential information and material.
- Follows Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- BS degree in agriculture or other biological science; or, experience in an agricultural business with 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible management experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of raspberry or blackberry production is preferred.
- Works and communicates independently and contributes to group processes.
- Routinely travels to all districts including USA (California and Pacific Northwest) and Mexico (Central and Baja).
- Must be computer literate with Excel spreadsheets.
- Understanding and experience with financial statements and financial modeling preferred.
- Valid California Driver License.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Job Requisition ID: R0000848