If you enjoy working with clients and colleagues to improve business effectiveness, create sustainable efficiencies, add value bymatching Firm capabilities with client needs, and build a world class consulting organization, then we invite you to help drive our winning Risk Advisory Services strategy.
The Risk Advisory Services Practice assists clients in managing operational, financial and technology risk as well as designing and implementing process improvements that can lead to increased value, revenue, or cost containment. Along with other Business Consulting Practices, Risk Advisory Services helps clients across various industries address the increasingly complex strategic, operational, compliance, and governance challenges faced by those responsible for managing or overseeing dynamic businesses.
RSM's Risk Advisory Service offerings include: Internal Audit, Information Technology (IT) Audit, Security & Privacy Services, SOX Advisory, SOC1 / SOC2 Reporting, Contract Compliance, IT Governance Risk and Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management and AML/Regulatory Compliance Advisory.
The Internal Audit & SOX Director will be a successful, dynamic professional to lead, plan and implement strategy and will contribute to driving growth in the consulting practice in the Central region.
Internal Audit & SOX Director Responsibilities:
· Understand changing business environments and adapt solutions to meet current and future client needs
· Be able to step into a practice management role and contribute to building solutions
· Use industry strength, experience and in-depth knowledge to build a strong collaborative team environment
· Balance execution and oversight of internal audit, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley services to dynamic organizations
· Understand and follow all consulting solutions and service offerings to minimize risk
· Heighten the RSM US LLP brand by keeping abreast of current business trends and developing thought leadership and marketing campaigns supported by the firm
· Exceed client expectations in a sophisticated large consulting or accounting firm environment
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with centers of influence and professionals
· Effectively manage overall client relationships to exceed client satisfaction Promote financial performance through solid understanding of practice management fundamentals (i.e. realization, utilization, leverage, accounts, receivable, and expenses)
· Promote cross selling through the integration of service lines Mentor, coach and develop staff; Ensure the continuous professional development of staff is being met
· Attract, develop and retain talent
· 10-15+ years’ experience with audit, internal audit or internal controls experience
· Bachelor degree business, finance, or accounting
· Strong understanding of internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley, internal control reviews and process risk assessments
· Travel as needed
· Strong sense of leadership
· An entrepreneurial spirit
· Action–oriented” leader who leads by example
· Highly respected people leader
· Exceptional executive presence and professionalism which commands the respect of colleagues and subordinates
· High energy
· Results oriented
· Ability to inspire others to follow
· A professional possessing the highest levels of professional and personal honestly, integrity and ethics