The purpose of this position is to drive patient identification and market development for SMA by creating territory, account, and customer strategies to achieve area sales, market share, and profit targets for their territory. The incumbent will effectively identify, develop, and maintain relationships with physicians and treatment clinics to properly educate on SMA and help remove barriers to facilitate healthcare provider decisions. Furthermore, they will effectively develop collaborative relationships and communicate information across many different internal/external stakeholders to drive alignment on decisions and help remove barriers to access.
• Drive patient identification and market development for SMA by building and executing against a territory strategy and account specific plans. Continuously assesses sales opportunities within markets and accounts to maintain and grow their business. Is able to effectively prioritize time, activities, and resources to optimize accounts with the most sales potential. Can educate and promote Biogen services.
• Builds and maintains relationships with physicians by maximizing their time through pre-call planning, leveraging insights to tailor a call plan, and conducts post call analysis to continually refine and enhance their approach.
• Proactively builds effective working relationships with internal/external stakeholders; can drive agreement/decisions from multiple stakeholders; can read people’s emotions and flex communication style. Can adjust their approach based on different stakeholder needs, concerns, or audience member to drive alignment and meet their work goals.
• Collaborate with stakeholders across commercial, compliance, and patient care centers to ensure access at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer.
• Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to build individual account plans on how to approach their customers, achieve sales goals, and maintain relationships in order to maximize sales results.
• Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to drive patient identification through market development and physician education; post launch be able to develop a territory strategy to retain customers.
• Executes programs, in-services, and lunch-and-learns for their territory.
• Determines suitable travelschedule and call plan on a daily/weekly basis to ensure adequate coverage for all key accounts.
• 5+ years of progressive business experience in the healthcare or biotech industry, inclusive of 3 years of field-based experience in account management, sales, and/or field reimbursement. Rare disease experience is preferred.
• A successful track record in field reimbursement, clinical education or in pharmaceutical sales/management of products that required significant payer and reimbursement involvement
• Experience in supporting biologic therapy administered by a designated health care provider
• Seasoned, mature pharmaceutical professional with a comprehensive understanding of field / patient
reimbursement, charitable funding, non-profit organizations
• Experience leading cross functionally and influencing without authority
• Must be familiar with relevant legal and regulatory environment in biotech/pharmaceutical industry
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Effective at managing complex individualized cases
• Must be comfortable spending 60% of time traveling; some overnight travel required
• Driving is an essential duty of the job; candidates must have a valid driver's license to be considered
Bachelor's Degree Required
Advanced Degree Preferred