The Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing pre-sales support for complex managed services solutions in a cloud hosting environment. The “SE” must be a subject matter expert on all RapidScale solutions and continually working to improve themselves and our company. Position includes direct customer involvement on sales opportunities, validation of all quotes, ongoing enhancement of service and product descriptions, and interfacing with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering teams to keep up-to-date on all new service capabilities.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Develop and maintain internal and external relationships with clients, partners, vendors and colleagues. Communicate professionally and effectively at all levels.
• Take a leading role in senior level presentations and large scale customer negotiations with Sales Teams and Sales Partners.
• Provide metrics / detail on number / status of opportunities being supported.
• Ensure consistency of solutions, value proposition, and pre-sales support methodology.
• Assist sales team on technical aspects of proposal writing and development.
• Ensure smooth transfer of solution design details and knowledge from Solutions Engineering team to Engineering teams and Project Management teams for all new service implementations.
• Ensure solutions comply with operational processes and policies related to solution design and implementation.
• Foster a customer service-oriented approach for all team members.
• Up to 50% travel
• 2-3 years of experience in pre-sales support
• 5-7 years of progressive experience implementing information technology solutions
• Strong problem resolution and conflict management skills
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
• A working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies
• Strong understanding of network and security solutions
• Understanding of IP addressing and subnets, routing protocols, firewalls, and load balancing
• Strong interpersonal skills; must work effectively with associates; be a team player
• Demonstrated technical sales leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; must communicate effectively in a professional manner
• Effectively multitask, organized, and manage priorities
• Strong MS Office and Visio Skills
• Must project confidence and creativity
• Must display a willingness to learn and self-motivate
• Keep a positive attitude at all times
• Prior technology sales experience (desired)
• Demonstrates RapidScale values
Job ID: 193585