• Ensure delivered systems do not introduce hazards to operators, range users or the community and that designed systems meet human factors requirements.
• Develop basis of estimates (BOEs), participate in and provide required data in support of Integrated Project Team (IPT) Meetings, Requirements meetings, and other milestone reviews throughout the engineering project lifecycle in the area of Specialty Engineering.
• Design and develops integrated solutions through tools, processes and procedures to facilitate the cost effective delivery of services or fielding of products.
• Perform requirements analysis, testing and integration, maintenance and escalated problem resolution of systems, subsystems and components.
• Support the development and allocation of human factors and safety-related requirements during the requirements identification phase of the engineering lifecycle
• Develop Human Factors analyses, in support of assigned projects, to ensure the as-designed system meets the human factors requirements allocated to the project
• Develop Safety Hazard analyses addressing hardware, software, and personnel hazards in support of assigned projects
• Lead and conduct peer reviews in support of Human Factors analysis artifacts
• Lead and conduct peer reviews in support of Safety Hazard analysis artifacts
• Plan, conduct, and assist in project execution for assigned projects
• Analyze, develop, recommend and implement approaches to meet all assigned tasks and milestones
• Prepare reports to communicate to appropriate personnel
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
• Experience in specialty engineering, systems engineering or related engineering field.
• Experience working with Windows based computer systems and components and Office tool suite
• Experience providing inputs to complex projects and/or assignments within defined time constraints involving multi-discipline teams
• Fundamental knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and systems engineering processes
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues verbally and through written media such as graphical slides and verbal presentations to contract management and customers.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and other engineering documentation
Other Skills Preferred:
• Solid conflict management skills
• Ability to exercise diplomacy within a team environment
• The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project requirements
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills to balance, plan, prioritize, and execute work assignments
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong human relations and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external support personnel.
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.