Performs the operational planning, real-time coordination, and follow-up activities on assigned Range operations. Coordinates the Manu Kai operational support efforts to meet operational requirements in a safe, efficient and reliable manner. Controls multiple fixed wing aircraft and helicopters in live or simulated operations. Primary duty will be as an RCC but will also support Instrumentation Control Coordinator requirements.
- Keeps abreast of changes in PMRF Fleet Range Operations forecasts utilizing the PMRF Range Scheduling System (RSS) to identify future requirements and scheduling conflicts.
- Interfaces with government counterparts and other Manu Kai elements to assure mutual awareness of operational requirements.
- Performs all tasks associated as a CTO (Contract Task Order) Task Manager
- Attends and participates in briefings, planning conferences and meetings to gather operational requirements for assigned programs.
- Supports planning and coordination meetings at off island locations including CONUS and Overseas.
- Prepares and distributes Instrumentation Plans (IP) to identify operational set-up for instrumentation/support systems and all data requirements for the assigned operation.
- Coordinates and documents real-time efforts of operational support personnel in accordance with the published IP and technical direction from Government counterparts.
- Prepares and submits Contract Data Requirements (CDR) for assigned operations.
- Coordinates the distribution of data products gathered during assigned operations.
- Participates in post-operational critiques and reviews.
- Maintains working knowledge of operational support systems and facilities to coordinate detailed scheduling and support requirements
- Interfaces with government counterparts and other Manu Kai elements to determine Missile line-up, safe firing bearings and distances, and target flight scenario.
- Performs aerial target coordination functions when required.
- Operates at remote Electronic Warfare (EW) sites to coordinate aircraft during EW events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Minimum physical elements: to include walking, standing, crawling, kneeling, or cramped, work requiring repeated stooping, sitting and work requiring repeated or frequent stair climbing.
- Lifting, pushing or pulling of over 50 lbs. (two men assist).
- Customer contact, extended work day, confined work area, office laboratory, field assignment and inclement weather.
- Must be able to carry portable field radios in rough terrain during remote site EW operations.
- Must be able to remain at remote sites overnight in an outdoor environment.
- Must be able to operate and run operations at sea for weeks.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Six years experience in coordinating military exercise scheduling or related field is required.
- BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years experience.
Job ID: ES20181906-25363