- Chowchilla, CA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Position type: Full time
OLAM international is a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 70 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 14,000 customers worldwide. Our team of 23,000 employees has built a leadership position in many businesses including cocoa, coffee, cashew, rice, cotton and edible nuts.
Under the direction of the SVP of Farming, the Ranch Manager will be responsible for managing 3,000 acres of almond orchard located in Central California, near Merced County. This individual must have demonstrated leadership qualities, forward thinking, and effectively supervise numerous concurrent tasks. This person must be a self-starter and have experience in all phases of almond orchard production.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Analyze, collect and interpret soil, leaf and water samples
- Maintain financial, operational, production records for ranch
- Monitor activities such as irrigation, chemical application and harvesting.
- Direct crop production operations, planning, planting, fertilizing, cultivating and harvesting
- Document inventory and report consumption of Ag products via electronic reporting
- Make sure that work progresses adequately and safely
- Ensure compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards
- Keep up to date knowledge of pests and diseases
- Oversee and direct employees in daily farming activities; motivate and develop people as they work
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience/knowledge in tree crop production (Almonds preferred)
- Passion for excellence and strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of almond ranch equipment operation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word)
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Must be available to work extended days and hours during season (approximately July through October).
- Must have valid driver’s license and good DMV record.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Four year degree in Ag Business, Chemistry, Agronomy, Plant Science, Ag Economics or other related field.