Based in St. Bruno, Quebec, will ensure that products manufactured and delivered by Bombardier Transportation will meet customers or other regulatory bodies' RAMS requirements.
You will be responsible to identify, define and communicate RAMS requirements to the engineering teams for the different projects. You will review design documentation and participate in design reviews with the engineering teams to verify that RAMS requirements are fulfilled.
During the commissioning and warranty phases, you will support the engineering team in deploying and managing the FRACAS process.
In your role you will:
- Prepare the RAMS allocations required to meet contractual requirements;
- Prepare the RAMS section of the technical descriptions;
- Prepare the RAMS analysis required for Bombardier systems;
- Decide on appropriate analytical methodologies when required;
- Review vendor documentation and challenge system design with the engineering teams;
- Support the design change process by estimating and validating the RAMS impacts of each of the proposed changes;
- If necessary, exchange with clients, suppliers and other departments to ensure that RAMS requirements are met;
- Deploy the FRACAS process to collect failures information at manufacturing sites and maintenance sites;
- Obtain failures and operational data (mileage, service delays, etc.);
- Validate the relevancy and coding of failures. If required, give feedback to site staff to improve the capture of information;
- Analyze failure data (data drill-down) to identify failure trends (systematic);
- Associate failures with ongoing investigations, if possible;
- Produce reports to determine the need for further investigations, notify and follow-up the engineering team through the weekly Core FRACAS team meetings;
- Produce pre-defined or ad hoc reports, as required by the organization. This may involve modifying existing tools;
- Produce reliability projection reports resulting from improvements to the product using appropriate analytical methods (Duane, Crow, or other as appropriate).
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (electrical / mechanical or other as appropriate);
- You have minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience;
- You possess strong experience on railway projects;
- You have relevant experience in reliability and / or product safety;
- You possess basic programming knowledge (VBA) or databases, knowledge in MS, SQL / Oracle is an asset;
- Your English and French communication skills are excellent, both written and spoken;
- You are available to travel occasionally to manufacturing sites, to customers or suppliers.